WnSoft Forums

BURN PTE HD SLIDESHOW IN BLU-RAY DISC

orizaba

Dear Fellows,

This is a specific problem of mine, I agree, anyhow... here I go!

I have made several PTE slideshows and burnt on normal DVDs.

OK.

Normal DVDs are 720x576, while my actual slideshow is 1920x1080 (because I am starting with HD world).

This way, I bought a cheap BLU-RAY player (home), and a BLU-RAY (computer) recorder.

Till now, in order to burn normal DVDs, I use to make:

1. In PTE, CREATE an HD file (MP4 file).

2. Convert MP4 file to AVI file (with TOTAL VIDEO CONVERTER)

3. Get the respective VIDEO_TS FOLDER (with XILISOFT AVI TO DVD CONVERTER) including menu, etc.

4. Burn the image (VIDEO_TS) in DVD, using IMAGE BURNER.

Result is perfect and I am very much used to it!

(NOTE: The sequence MP4 to AVI is due to the fact that I NEVER succeeded to create an AVI file using PTE itself! It's a mistery, but it is real...!)

OK.

Now, with HD and BLU-RAY in mind, I intend to do as follows:

1. Create the same MP4 file, using PTE.

2. After this, I want to convert, directly, such MP4 file to a BDAV or BDMV FOLDER (what is the difference?)

3. Burn a BLU-RAY disc with IMAGE BURNER (which can do it from such BDAV or BDMV folder)

Questions are:

1. Which software to convert MP4 to BDAV or BDMV folder?

2. Where, and how, to input a MENU?

Fellows who are already working with HD and BLU-RAY, how do you make it?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Jose

I tried the 'Blue Ray' route and found it to be a little on the complicated and expensive side so I went the 'AVCHD' route.

I have written a couple of tutorials on the subject and I will gladly sent you a link to where uyou can download them. Just send me your email address and the link will be sent by returen.

Ron

Jose,

There is an appendix about HD production in the unofficial PTE user guide. The step you are missing is the step to author the actual Blu-ray conent (this is the equivalent step where you use XILISOFT AVI TO DVD CONVERTER for DVD content authoring). I use Sony Vegas Pro, which is one of the more expensive programs. There are many consumer level (cheaper) programs that can do this, such as Pinnacle Studio, and I believe there are some free ones (I haven't tried any of them). If you search Google you will find many programs to do this step.

The Blu-ray standard is something that is still evolving, but basically BDAV is a simpler format, whereas BDMV is the format for modern, professionally authored content. If your software allows you to choose then go with BDMV.

I tried the 'Blue Ray' route and found it to be a little on the complicated and expensive side so I went the 'AVCHD' route.

I have written a couple of tutorials on the subject and I will gladly sent you a link to where uyou can download them. Just send me your email address and the link will be sent by returen.

Ron

Hi, Ron,

Thanks so much for your reply and your offer to send me your tutorials.

My e-mail address is: josesa@netcabo.pt

In the meantime I can let you know that I bought "NERO VIDEO PREMIUM HD" (v 10.5.10500), (59,49 euro) and I already tried it. Result is 100% GOOD!!!

I loaded my MP4 file made in PTE (1920x1080, 16000 kbps, 2-pass) directly into NERO, and there I made respective BDMV folder which I will burn in a BLU-RAY video disc with my IMG BURN (2.5.2.0) software. Perfect! The "preparation" of the BDMV folder (in NERO) is very complete and very detailed, and I could choose all necessary parameters in terms of quality, etc.. I even could choose a MENU for my movie (which I did not, beeing only a small test).

This way, I think I solved my actual problem, the BEST way possible!

However, I should thank you for clearing why you say that BLU-RAY way is complicated.

And what can be the differences between BLU-RAY and AVCHD, mainly in terms of final quality.

I will be waiting for your tutorials... because my NERO also has the possibility to make AVCHD (despite my IMG BURN does not accept AVCHD to burn BLU-RAY discs. Or is it the case that AVCHD implies another type of disc and burner machine?)

Thanking again,

Best regards,

Jose

Jose,

There is an appendix about HD production in the unofficial PTE user guide. The step you are missing is the step to author the actual Blu-ray conent (this is the equivalent step where you use XILISOFT AVI TO DVD CONVERTER for DVD content authoring). I use Sony Vegas Pro, which is one of the more expensive programs. There are many consumer level (cheaper) programs that can do this, such as Pinnacle Studio, and I believe there are some free ones (I haven't tried any of them). If you search Google you will find many programs to do this step.

The Blu-ray standard is something that is still evolving, but basically BDAV is a simpler format, whereas BDMV is the format for modern, professionally authored content. If your software allows you to choose then go with BDMV.

Hi,

Thanks for your kind reply.

As you can see (my reply to Ron) I could make a BDMV folder!

Best regards,

Jose