WnSoft Forums

Insert blank slide

snapcam

What is the purpose of the insert blank slide option. I find my command is grayed out and I have been unable to fine a way to try the option.

Initially I was thinking blank/black slide which is obviously wrong.Help please. :(

Where are you when you are trying to add a blank slide?

I can't find a situation where it is greyed out!

If you have a slide highlighted it will put a blank slide in front. If you have nothing highlighted it will put a blank slide after the last slide.

In a new project it puts a new blank slide in.

DG

Snapcam

You can only add a blank slide while in the slide list (the images showing as thumbnails across the bottom)

If your in the timeline the option appears but is greyed out

There are many purposes where a slide show may need to fade to black (or any other colour) Most use a blank at the start and end of their slide shows so they have a blank to start from and blank to fade down to

Early on I made three blank slides in Photoshop at 1024 x 768, the size of our club projector. One slide is white, one is 18% grey, and one is black. When I start a folder for a new slideshow I copy these three slides into the folder, and use them as required, inserting them where necessary. The black slide us used the most, I don't think from memory I have used the grey slide so far, nor the white, but they're there 'in case'.

Guest Yachtsman1

I think most PTE users did the same, but that isn't necessary now. A right click from the slide list and you can create a blank in seconds within PTE

That may be true if you are using a current version, many aren't including me. I'm waiting for a signed off version before up-dating.

Yachtsman1

Yachtsman

What are you talking about. Adding a Blank slide was part of 6.5 that is on general release to the public. You make it sound as if there is some risk to using it.

Get on board for goodness sake :blink:

DG, good point I like anything that speeds up workflow :lol:

Guest Yachtsman1

Yachtsman

What are you talking about. Adding a Blank slide was part of 6.5 that is on general release to the public. You make it sound as if there is some risk to using it.

Get on board for goodness sake :blink:

DG, good point I like anything that speeds up workflow :lol:

Don't get your billabong in a twist again by assuming the majority use the same series as you do. I deliberately stopped when sound editing appeared as I could forsee a long development road ahead, you may think 6.5 is OK, I'm biding my time. PS I have my own blank slides so don't need to use the auto insertion method.

Yachtsman1

Thanks Guys for all the answers. I was trying to use the command on the time line and this was causing my problem. I was also a little confused by the discription on page 12 of the user's guide which seems to suggest more to it than just a black slide. Very handy now I know. saves creating a new one each time in photoshop.

Thanks again :D

Yachtsman1 -

I don't think Barry will be responding on this topic any further and I wouldn't blame him after your apparent terse remarks.

I've built about 60 slide shows over the past5 years. I have created a "new slide show" folder. In the folder is all the common files I need and use in each show (blank slides, Png's, intro audio etc. When ever I start a new project, I just make a copy of the folder and rename it with a title of the new show. That way, I always have my basic files.

Greg

GREG

great idea re special folder -- too bad other people do not adopt your policy -- they would save themselves a lot of time in the long run

btw - some of us have been advocating a similar method for years but we cant seem to get the message across

thanks for bringing your method to our attention - we may get some more converts -- :)

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Yachtsman1 -

I don't think Barry will be responding on this topic any further and I wouldn't blame him after your apparent terse remarks.

I've built about 60 slide shows over the past5 years. I have created a "new slide show" folder. In the folder is all the common files I need and use in each show (blank slides, Png's, intro audio etc. When ever I start a new project, I just make a copy of the folder and rename it with a title of the new show. That way, I always have my basic files.

Greg

As you are new to the forum I will be gentle. I suggest you check past responses from the person you are referring to before condemning me.

Yachtsman1

Hi! All,

Can I add my two penny worth to this topic......I to am grateful for the addition of insert blank slide.

The method I used to use was to insert any old slide into the position I needed a blank, go to O&A,right click on the object and delete, this left a blank in it's place.

You may say it's a bit long winded but when you have been doing it for so long it becomes second nature.

I'm now on a curve to use insert blank

Tom.

ERIC

you better check his sign on date before you condem him -- looks like he came on board a couple months before you came on deck ...

Some guys try hard to come on deck, but they never manage to arrive, not even after 1000 posts or more. Never mind!

Regards,

Xaver

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric

Your right of course, I have a mate who is waiting for the development of the car to settle before he moves on from his horse and cart :rolleyes: The good news is he has great roses

Quiet again on the dark side barry?

yachtsman1.

I may be teaching my Granny to suck eggs but re the subject of new project folders.

I always create a new folder at the start of a project and add my images. The project images are drawn down from here. The music/sound track is added into the folder and again it is drawn into the project from there and the project file is then saved to the folder as and when you save it. All additional bits and pieces e.g. sound fxs can also be added . I will normally put a copy of the exe. file in to finish.

This means I can lift the complete folder and load it into any computer loaded with PTE. and Hy-presto I work away as if at my own desk, no problems with missing image or sound files. ;)

The option to insert a blank slide, while very useful, seems only to add a BLACK slide. If you want to add a different colour, what then? I just revert to creating mine in Photoshop because I sometimes will want to add a texture or noise, so that the blank will then match my other slides in the show.

Ron

Ron

Add the blank slide with a simple right click.

Right click again and select Customise and you can have any colour your heart desires, or a gradient, or a tiled background

There are many projects where you need to use a lot of blanks between sections and I have found the right click method, quick, simple and easy.

What a jolly thread, good fun and informative especially as I thought everyone had hibernated. Shame there is not more A/V's being posted and a bigger shame that there are so few comments on the ones that are. As Delia Smith said " Lets be 'aving you"