WnSoft Forums

Hardy's Cottage

Nikonos

Hi Folks - while on holiday last year we visited Thomas Hardy's cottage at Higher Bockhampton, Nr. Dorchester, Dorset. It is very much a "picture postcard" type of place and I thought it would make a good subject for Barry's "jigsaw puzzle" technique. The show lasts just over 3 minutes at about 25 meg. You can download the PC version here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/j35xnl0q4rlzvmm/Hardy%27s%20Cottage.exe and the Mac version here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/gd9oph8c388wmnp/Hardy%27s%20Cottage%20%28Mac%29.zip

My original intention was to try and obtain an archive picture of the cottage in the early 20th cent and introduce it at the end. Unfortunately, a suitable image has so far proved elusive. Luckily I had a portrait of the great man himself, so I used that instead.

Enjoy - Malcolm

Well, you have taken my idea and improved on it no end.

The commentary is very well done and what it did for me was to add an anticipation to the sequence. Listening to the cottage being described was just perfect and in the end I was willing the pices to be completed, but not from boredom, but because the mental picture had been built and the visual one was to follow.

That was a great voice and accent for that commentary. If it's your voice, then congratuations you nailed it perfectly. If it's someone else's it's still congratulations because you picked the right one.

A great blend of a great old cottage, superb commentary and perfect music.

Nice size too.

Well, you have taken my idea and improved on it no end.

The commentary is very well done and what it did for me was to add an anticipation to the sequence. Listening to the cottage being described was just perfect and in the end I was willing the pices to be completed, but not from boredom, but because the mental picture had been built and the visual one was to follow.

That was a great voice and accent for that commentary. If it's your voice, then congratuations you nailed it perfectly. If it's someone else's it's still congratulations because you picked the right one.

A great blend of a great old cottage, superb commentary and perfect music.

Nice size too.

Thank you for your kind comments Barry. I find your PTE instructional DVDs a wonderful source of ideas and techniques and I never cease to be amazed at your ingenuity. :-)

I have always loved the Hardy novels (despite most of the characters being doomed from the outset!). I knew that the anthology "Winter Words" featured a poem about his birthplace and I was fortunate to find a suitable recording. The rest was a simple matter of following the technique outlined in your DVD. Thanks again! :)

Thank you for your kind comments Barry. I find your PTE instructional DVDs a wonderful source of ideas and techniques and I never cease to be amazed at your ingenuity. :-)

I have always loved the Hardy novels (despite most of the characters being doomed from the outset!). I knew that the anthology "Winter Words" featured a poem about his birthplace and I was fortunate to find a suitable recording. The rest was a simple matter of following the technique outlined in your DVD. Thanks again! :)

Malcolm - finally managed to download your a/v and have just watched it - absolutely delightful! A really nice idea and very well executed. Well done.

Maureen

Malcolm, very need idea to use one picture this way for a show. Using the spoken text made it work great together with the jigsaw pieces. Finaly seeing the whole picture at the end made for a perfect show.

Thanks for showing it.

Malcolm, very need idea to use one picture this way for a show. Using the spoken text made it work great together with the jigsaw pieces. Finaly seeing the whole picture at the end made for a perfect show.

Thanks for showing it.

Thank you Bert and Maureen for your kind comments. Sorry if you experienced any problems downloading it from Mediafire. On reflection it probably would have been better to zip the PC version as executables seem to give a lot of problems with certain anti-virus programs (particularly Nortons).