WnSoft Forums

Video Output

Frans

When I compare the quality of my exe-files of slideshows with HD video output of same shows, I notice there is a loss of sharpness. Does anybody know how this can be amended? What I want is HD Video output which has EXCACTLY the same quality as the exe-file. File size or output medium are not important, only the quality is.

My slide shows are 4:3 made on a 1024x768 screen. Picture size is 850x564px with black borders all around. No zooming and no panning used. As output formats I have used several of the codecs under the AVI option button, and options under the HD Video output button: 1280x720 high quality and 1920x1080 high quality. Neither option I have used thus far (not even the uncompressed codec under the AVI option button) offer a picture quality which is similar to that of the exe-file.

When I make a slideshow in Magix videodeluxe 17HD, the quality of the pictures (i.e. sharpness and color) remains exactly the same; in PTE it does not.

I hope someone can shed some light on this. Any help would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Frans

• 3 weeks later...

When I compare the quality of my exe-files of slideshows with HD video output of same shows, I notice there is a loss of sharpness. Does anybody know how this can be amended? What I want is HD Video output which has EXCACTLY the same quality as the exe-file. File size or output medium are not important, only the quality is.

My slide shows are 4:3 made on a 1024x768 screen. Picture size is 850x564px with black borders all around. No zooming and no panning used. As output formats I have used several of the codecs under the AVI option button, and options under the HD Video output button: 1280x720 high quality and 1920x1080 high quality. Neither option I have used thus far (not even the uncompressed codec under the AVI option button) offer a picture quality which is similar to that of the exe-file.

When I make a slideshow in Magix videodeluxe 17HD, the quality of the pictures (i.e. sharpness and color) remains exactly the same; in PTE it does not.

I hope someone can shed some light on this. Any help would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Frans

Hi Frans,

Are you waiting for a reply since 03 January?

You may go on waiting and waiting...

This is a Forum nobody cares, so it seems.

I had a similar problem and I had to post my help request in the main Forum which is PicturesToExe.

May be you should do the same!

By the way, I think that "our" problem could be more or less the same: I want best video quality in order to burn BD discs, but it seems to me that PTE doesn't have too many experts on this subject.

Except "potwnc" member, as well as "stardealer" member, who are now really giving me their best support.

Try to "enter" in our discussion:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12750&view=findpost&p=82321

Regards,

Jose

Guest Yachtsman1

Making statements like that will not get the response you are hoping for. only the opposite I suggest you tone down your comments, I am assuming you are using a translator?

Yachtsman1 :angry:

(To all: The member has joined in 2006, why should he promote another software with his first Post in 2011? I personally don't like M products because once a install of a testproduct corrupted my whole Windows installation. These products install so many components that I question whether they run stable anyway. Interested people can find statements from users at many places in the internet. )

To Frans,

first I want to assure you that I cannot see a real difference between my PTE.exe files and generated MP4s played back on PC.

But some remarks to your post:

When you render your slideshow in other dimensions than the original size of your pictures then resizing takes place and you loose some sharpness.

To avoid this, please try to create HD-video (high quality; pan and scan off), select user-defined and then enter your dimensions 1024x768 (lock between the dimensions must not be active). How is the quality now?

Quality in watching of HD-video may also differ depending on how it is played back. What did you use for playback, PC or TV? Used the same way to playback videos created by PTE and your other software? Used some filters or effects in your other software?

Regards,

Frank

Making statements like that will not get the response you are hoping for. only the opposite I suggest you tone down your comments, I am assuming you are using a translator?

Yachtsman1 :angry:

Dear PTE Fellow "yachtsman1",

Angry?

So sorry.

Since my youth (some 70 years ago...) I was teached to face criticisms as an healthy way of getting better and better, mainly and overall if criticisms apply.

No, I am not using a translator, it's an original of my own.

By the way, I assume you used one on "Making statements like that will not get the response you are hoping for, only the opposite".

Be careful with translations, this is bad marketing for WnSoft Forums...

Tone down my comments?

No comments.

Best regards,

Jose

PS: Why don't you relax and take a look on my recently uploaded SlideShow "Um dia... em Agosto"/"One day... in August". Good music, nice views, steam trains... I would appreciate your comments on it. Indeed.

I apologize for late response! I missed this topic.

Indeed the picture sharpness should be exactly same for video as for executable file for same conditions.

If you output H.264 video at 1024x768 it should be equal as you watch this slideshow on 1024x768 screen resolution.

But there are several important notes:

1) DVD video (720x480 or 720x576) may has lower quality due to applied filters for TV screens. I've removed some of these filters after resting PicturesToExe 7.0.

2) If you create AVI video and use high resolutions (1024 pixels of width or higher) please uncheck "Smart anti-flicker filter" option in AVI output window. This option was intended for DVD output usage. If you create HD video, turn this option off. I'll disable this option by default for next version 7.0

3) Even if video file has excellent quality, sharpness of video picture depends on video player software.