WnSoft Forums

New Slideshow- Land of the Dragon

Nikonos

Hi Folks,

I've just uploaded a revised version of my China sequence posted a while back. This is a more 'considered' version, different presentation, some pics replaced and quite a few new ones added along the way. New music as well!

For those interested:

PC version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8qde0hci81r5w0n/Land%20of%20the%20Dragon.zip

Mac version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/41w95vi2g3vj6u4/Land%20of%20the%20Dragon.app.zip

Stats: 36 meg (sorry Eric!), 72 pics including captions etc, length 8'39", format: 1920x1200

Malcolm

Malcolm -

WOW!! Awesome images, great color and clarity. Exposures are bang on. I enjoyed this sequence very much - it's a keeper.

Greg

Hi Malcolm,

I liked your presentation with full screen page turn for new cities and info and the photo set in on a background. The photography was first class with the low light shots working very well. Although the music was catchy, I did tire of it towards the end and wonder if different music for each venue may have worked better, however, this did not spoil my enjoyment. Thanks for posting.

Malcolm

Great subjects and the quality of your pictures is superb, in your first show you wrote that all your pictures were taken with 1600 ISO, and a am amazed by the quality you get (no noise). I liked the way you structured the show with the frame, and a brief description of the cities. Music sounded just right for me.

Thanks for showing.

Bert

Hello Malcom, I just watched your presentation and it was excellent on our Mac! Brilliant colors with pin sharp images! Besides a very interesting presentation to those of us who have never been to China. Malcom, I would be interested to know what camera and lens you were using and if you shot them in RAW.. Thanks Bill

Great photography here. Good seeing eye and lots of variety. It does make you want to visit China, when you see a sequence like this.

The music was good, but I agree with someone else who said it could have done with a bit more variety there, but it is a small point.

I liked the simplify affects too.

I am not so keen on such big text, I think it will be just as easy to read if it were smaller. Smaller seems to be more stylish to me, but again its a small point and more of a personal one.

Great photography here. Good seeing eye and lots of variety. It does make you want to visit China, when you see a sequence like this.

The music was good, but I agree with someone else who said it could have done with a bit more variety there, but it is a small point.

I liked the simplify affects too.

I am not so keen on such big text, I think it will be just as easy to read if it were smaller. Smaller seems to be more stylish to me, but again its a small point and more of a personal one.

Thanks to all for your kind comments re. Land of the Dragon. The music was a bit problematic, as chinese music whether traditional (or modern) is very much an acquired taste to the western ear. I had to stretch out the sequence that I used and I think it probably does outstay it's welcome a bit. However, I think I've now found something else which will do the job, sound ok to the ears of "foreign devils" and avoid the repetition. :)

The text size was something else that I considered as being a bit over large. However, quite a few of the intended audience are knocking on a bit (not the members of this forum of course!), and their eyesight is not so good. Also quite a few of the judges on our club circuit need their eyes testing anyway so I eventually kept it as it was :D

Malcolm

PS. Bill, I've sent you a PM.

Malcolm,

As I said before (after seeing the first version of your show) a very impressive, wonderful collection of images. In my opinion, it is fine that you now avoid the template used in the first version. Just a remark on the synchronization: The time points for the transitions seem to chosen without listening to the music. The music has a 4 beat measure, and I would synchronize the transitions according to the first beat in the bar.

Best regards,

Xaver

Malcolm

I agree with all good opinions said fere .

Just a thing : why do you conserve the verso side image of the turning page ? You do not see it on a real book ...

Great show , great photos !!!!

daniel

Good point Daniel. I will see to it in the final revision..

Regards - Malcolm

Malcolm,

As I said before (after seeing the first version of your show) a very impressive, wonderful collection of images. In my opinion, it is fine that you now avoid the template used in the first version. Just a remark on the synchronization: The time points for the transitions seem to chosen without listening to the music. The music has a 4 beat measure, and I would synchronize the transitions according to the first beat in the bar.

Best regards,

Xaver

Thanks Xaver, a valid point although I did not think it made very much difference. However, I will be addressing the music issue again and I will take your comment on board in the final timings. Many thanks.

Regards - Malcolm

... a valid point although I did not think it made very much difference ...

Malcolm,

I think that the importance of this point depends on the persons who watch your show. For people who have a strong perception of rhythm of the music this aspect will be more important. They will feel the difference, at least subconsciously. The shorter the transition time, the more important is (in my eyes) the position relative to the music. In case of a transition that lasts 5 seconds, you need not care for for this point.

Regards,

Xaver

Malcolm,

I think that the importance of this point depends on the persons who watch your show. For people who have a strong perception of rhythm of the music this aspect will be more important. They will feel the difference, at least subconsciously. The shorter the transition time, the more important is (in my eyes) the position relative to the music. In case of a transition that lasts 5 seconds, you need not care for for this point.

Regards,

Xaver

That explains it very well Xaver. I find that quite a bit of the music chosen for sequences can have a flowing 'dreamlike' quality ( a good musician would probably call it "wallpaper"). I guess that there is a beat present - if you can find it!

Regards - Malcolm