WnSoft Forums

TIMELINE

JEB

Igor,

Thank you for directing me to the other post, which I had clearly missed.

I have to say that I am personally very disappointed but realize that you have to prioritise. As the saying goes you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I would say, however, that I have spent a lot of time trying to get to grips with the audio interface and find that it is a vast improvement on what preceded it. But is very difficult to master. In my efforts trying to interest people to use PTE they find the audio handling far too complicated as it stands.

I am sure you are aware that there is a second group of people that are disappointed in not getting what they allowed themselves to expect. I refer to MAC users who were hoping for a fully MAC based version of PTE. In identified this group I must declare an interest having just purchased a MAC myself. I should acknowledge however, that by using “Parallels”, one can get round this issue quite satisfactory, if the cost of purchasing a copy of both Windows and Parallels is ignored.

I should state quite clearly that video is, at this point in time, well down in my personal list of priorities. However I do wonder whether there would not have been more merit in completing the Audio issue and perhaps even the MAC issue (though I'm aware that there are major problems with this) before moving onto video. But as I said before you have to prioritise as you think best.

Finally, thank you for all the hard work you and your team do in giving us such a wonderful product and more particularly in allowing us to participate in its development. Even if we don't all get exactly what we want when we want it!

Kind regards

John

Guest Yachtsman1

I would agree with your comments about audio, after all the hype its annoucement received, IMO it does not live up to expectation going off the comments it has received. The proposed video may induce new users to buy the product, but from what I gather the audio is disappointing a lot of existing users. I for one still use Audacity & think it would be hard to beat, which is probably why there has been a change of direction in development away from audio.

Yachtsman1.

Hi,

I think I should clarify my position.

I never expected any PTE audio facility to replace the likes of Audacity and I don't think that was ever suggested by Igor. I would be very happy to continue to use Audacity for major audio editing just as I use Photoshop for major image editing.

My disappointment is in the presentation of the new facilities. I should point out that these facilities are even more than I for one thought would be provided when this was first announced.

As I have said it is the way that they are used that is too complicated. I have taken some time to try to get to grips with the process because I wish to use PTE against any other product. However, I find it impossible to convince new comers to PTE that its audio facility has much merit. I sometimes wonder whether some of our group are so technically minded that they do not appreciate that many others are not and require the aid of a graphical interface to assist them, I certainly do.

Regards

John