WnSoft Forums

Create DVD

bjmc

I have had PicturesToExe. for a few years. Today I wanted to make a dvd for playback on the TV and I got the error message saying that I needed to download PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5. I bought and downloaded the upgrade. However the process to makng the DVD locks up part way through, and I have treid many times with the same result. I have tried rebooting the computer, making a new saved show, but nothing is helping.

Guest Yachtsman1

What size is the show you are trying to make a DVD of? How much free space is on your C drive. Producing a DVD using video builder needs between 8 & 10GB of free space on your C drive to operate smoothly.

Yachtsman1.

The pte file is 60KB. I have 30GB of free space on my C drive.

Yesterday, I followed a simlar problem posted on the forum and downloaded the KeyCopy. The registration of the PicturesToExe and Videobuilder seem correct.

Today when I open Videobuilder it says I need a newer version. I bought this one yesterday and I do not see an upgrade on the wnsoft web site.

Thanks for your help.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi

30KB is very small for a PTE file which makes me think you are not following the correct format. How many slides in your file & what size is each slide? The operation of the de-lux version is another matter. If you answer the latest questions we can proceed from there.

Yachtsman1,

I have 80 images, sized to 1024x786 pixels each, and 2 songs with 7 minutes of playing time.

The pte file is 60KB

The exe file is 123 MB

The exe flie plays perfectly. The only problem I am having is burning a dvd that the client can use on his dvd/tv player.

I downloaded the deluxe version 6.5.5 and video bulider to do this but I am running into problems there.

With that sort of size, there should be no problems with any resource shortages. Can you obtain a screenshot of the error message about needing a newer version of VideoBuilder?

How many different versions of PTE do you have installed on this PC? Please, do NOT jump to the conclusion that you must uninstall any!!! They should happily coexist with one another. I'm wondering if you might not be running the copy that you think you are running.

Finally, these kind of problems can sometimes be caused by out-of-date driver routine. It might be prudent to investigate whether or not you have the latest drivers installed for your Video card, Sound card and DVD burner.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi BJMC

Your file size probably equates to 2 or 3 GB of DVD space. Are you getting any error message? or does the programme freeze at a particular point? if it freezes, where does it freeze & are you making any changes to the standard settings that appear in the sequence. Are you using DVD-R discs? Are you using a new clean disc for each attempt?

Yachtsman1.

With that sort of size, there should be no problems with any resource shortages. Can you obtain a screenshot of the error message about needing a newer version of VideoBuilder?

How many different versions of PTE do you have installed on this PC? Please, do NOT jump to the conclusion that you must uninstall any!!! They should happily coexist with one another. I'm wondering if you might not be running the copy that you think you are running.

Finally, these kind of problems can sometimes be caused by out-of-date driver routine. It might be prudent to investigate whether or not you have the latest drivers installed for your Video card, Sound card and DVD burner.

regards,

Peter

Thanks for your reply.

I cannot copy the error message. If i open the file from wndows Explorer, then in the bottom left of VideoBulider the error is in the box there" use newer version of ViedoBuilder"

I believe I only have the deluxe 6.5.5 version now.

I don't know about the drivers, video card, sound card etc. I will try to find out.

Hi BJMC

Your file size probably equates to 2 or 3 GB of DVD space. Are you getting any error message? or does the programme freeze at a particular point? if it freezes, where does it freeze & are you making any changes to the standard settings that appear in the sequence. Are you using DVD-R discs? Are you using a new clean disc for each attempt?

Yachtsman1.

Yes there is an error message. It seems to occur at diffent times each attempt. The whole process says it will take about 29 mins but around the 14 minute mark approximately it freezes. Then I cannot do anything but soft boot the computer to get past it.

I have tried using a new dvd disc a few times, same problem occurs, they are dvd-R

If, instead of trying to make a DVD, you make the ISO file first, you might find that the problem is NOT with PTE?

It could be your DVD burner or other system problem.

DG

How specifically do I make an ISO file? The options in the "create" do not show ISO as an option. I have made files that are exe, pte and I am trying to make a ptv file which is causing the errors.

Alos, do I need separate dvd burning software? I was under the impression that this software was to do the burning also.

thanks

My assumption is that you are using Video Builder to create your project and that you are using the "DVD Video Disc" option?

The page after the TITLE page contains the option to "Create ISO Image" (and WHERE to save it).

Tick that one and untick all others.

Clicking on START will start the process. You will then get a message at the end which will either say that you are successful or unsuccessful.

If successful then PTE is working OK and you need to look elsewhere.

If unsuccessful then report back?

DG

I have had PicturesToExe. for a few years. Today I wanted to make a dvd for playback on the TV and I got the error message saying that I needed to download PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5. I bought and downloaded the upgrade. However the process to makng the DVD locks up part way through, and I have treid many times with the same result. I have tried rebooting the computer, making a new saved show, but nothing is helping.

CAN YOU

burn a normal dvd without using video builder

ex -- using a regular burning program can you make a dvd data disk with no problem?

ken

I was going to offer another suggestion too, but my PC froze as I was completing the post.

I have experienced some problems myself along these lines in the past. I created a DVD with no problems, but then the next one locked up and would not complete. I found that there was some files (I assume they were temp files) left behind in the user folder. When I removed them, the DVD completed perfectly. I also had two similer questions via email from my own web site recently and I passed on what I will suggest now. Both people reported that my solution cured their problem.

Go to menu builder and open the options and then the program tab (see attached) Follow the address string you see in the box to locate any old files created by PTE. You may have to show hidden files thought, as when you get so far the folder your looking for is hidden.

Barry's first post reminded me that I had never tried creating a DVD via the "Create DVD Folders" option.

I tried this and (without actually burning a DVD) it looks to be a viable alternative to the "Create ISO" file for those without suitable DVD Burning software.

Burning the DVD Folders as DATA should produce the same result? Anyone use this method?

Barry's second post reminded me that I had forgotten to change the location of my TEMP folder in PTE to an external drive(after a re-installation).

The less I have writing to my C drive the better I like it!!

It's usually the first thing I do when installing or re-installing software.

Thanks Barry,

DG

My assumption is that you are using Video Builder to create your project and that you are using the "DVD Video Disc" option?

The page after the TITLE page contains the option to "Create ISO Image" (and WHERE to save it).

Tick that one and untick all others.

Clicking on START will start the process. You will then get a message at the end which will either say that you are successful or unsuccessful.

If successful then PTE is working OK and you need to look elsewhere.

If unsuccessful then report back?

DG

This was unsuccessful. I got the infamous" wnsoft videobuilder needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

To get out of the frozen stat I need to ctrl/alt/del. there appears 2 vb programs that both need to close separaatley, and 2 pte programs that both close by closing one.

I was going to offer another suggestion too, but my PC froze as I was completing the post.

I have experienced some problems myself along these lines in the past. I created a DVD with no problems, but then the next one locked up and would not complete. I found that there was some files (I assume they were temp files) left behind in the user folder. When I removed them, the DVD completed perfectly. I also had two similer questions via email from my own web site recently and I passed on what I will suggest now. Both people reported that my solution cured their problem.

Go to menu builder and open the options and then the program tab (see attached) Follow the address string you see in the box to locate any old files created by PTE. You may have to show hidden files thought, as when you get so far the folder your looking for is hidden.

I have done this and cleared out old temp flies. the creating an ISo started and got toe 47% when the "...needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience" message appeared. I have my AV disabled.

bjmc,

I have made files that are exe, pte and I am trying to make a ptv file which is causing the errors.

Are you opening your project to burn in VideoBuilder from a saved VideoBuilder .ptv project file or a saved PTE .pte project file which is then imported to VideoBuilder?

Have you tried only the same project file to burn ... or have you also tried other .pte files as a test ?

Since all your attempts have failed so far ... I would then verify your Video Drivers are fully up-to-date if you have not done so. Sorting issues like this are a step by step process of elimination.

----------

Reinstall v6.5.5 to assure yourself there was no issues in the first install. Open the .pte file in PTE and verify from the top menu Help | About PicturesToExe to make sure it is v6.5.5 that has opened the file... Preview the file first ... then try to burn using Create | DVD Video Disc. When trying to burn a DVD Disc ... make sure all the other checkbox options are not enabled and burn at a slow disc speed.

* Note: Best to Save or SaveAS the .pte project file in the same PTE program version before you are trying to build/burn with. Your comment of USE Newer Version tells me there might be some sort of .pte file version miss-match process here.

You need to make a back-up to Zip of your project.

Transport your project to another PC and try making a DVD there. If it works then you know its something on your PC, if it doesn't it may be a rougue picture or music file in your project.

I would offer a small wager it will work OK on another machine.

Been there, done that, got the T shirt.