WnSoft Forums

Tala Game Reserve

Situated in the rolling hills of Kwazulu Natal, about half an hours drive from the city of Durban, where I stay, is the magnificent

Tala Game Reserve. The reserve has a wide variety of animals and birdlife and we spent a very pleasant day there.

There are a number of lodges, from ultra luxurious to very rustic with the bare necessities and which are situated in the middle of the bush.

The reserve also has a picnic spot with a swimming pool surrounded by natural rocks. Families can spend the day there and barbecue and swim.

Comments are welcome.

Colin

http://www.mediafire.com/?e38rao4jtcbq6ih

Hi Colin,

You have some stunning photographs... but I felt that the show would have been better with some of them edited out or grouped on one slide. Because of the nature of the country there were quite a few similar pictures, and some groups of pictures of the same scene/animals where perhaps the animals had moved a bit, or the photographer had moved a bit. I'm afraid that the impression I got was that it was a bit 'flat' and a tad too slow. This could just be my low attention span and others will probably disagree with my remarks.

Cheers,

David P

Hi Colin,

A very enjoyable show and something I would love to do but fear that time may have passed me by. Just a couple of points:- 1) Why not keep the attention from wondering by putting in a few short (and "smooth") zooms and pans with longer transitions. Make them go in the direction that the animals were moving, 2) A lot of the horizons cut the screen exactly in half, keep the "rule of thirds" in mind when shooting but don't be a slave to it. Just my view but hope it helps.

Hi Ken, David and Mick,

Thank you so much for your constructive crits. I do agree with what you have mentioned and have therefore taken

your points into account and have produced another AV which is much smaller and shorter. David P, I hope this will

keep your attention span.

My initial idea was to produce a show that showed the full package about this wonderful game reserve and which I had

in mind when visiting this weekend and taking the photographs. However, this obviously did not work out and am quite

happy to show what is the main players in a game reserve and that is the wonderful animals.

I hope to complete the AV this evening and post before retiring to bed.

Once again gentlemen, I appreciate you taking the time to crit my work. Thank you.

Colin

I enjoyed the show. I felt the first slide was out of place and that the second one with the titles should have been the first. The first one could be moved to link in with the other montage images that appear near the end. There was on photo that had cars on the left hand side, I would have cropped the cars out. Just very minor points I fully accept. A good show, and one I will share with my camera club.

Colin

Great show and the music is perfect for Africa. I have a couple of thoughts for you:-

Your opening titles lack a little style due to the vivid royal blue colour. Have you thought of cloning a colour from within the image the title appears over. Usually there is a harmony when we do that and I think your titles would become more stylish. You may have to try a few different tones, but I would start with those in the middle distance hills.

The Inset images are a nice touch too, but they are tucked too near the edge of the frame. There are too widely spaced and there is a feeling they are not connected, your losing a little appeal there.

Hi Barry,

Thank you for your constructive comments. I have been looking at text and type in Photoshop and am still in the learning phase.

I am hoping to use the varied styles, types of text available in future AV's. Never thought of the spacing aspect regarding insert images.

Will bear your suggestions in mind in the future.

Colin

The spacing issue is something you see when montages are made. The elements of the picture are sometimes put in the four corners and look as though they don't belong to one another. In a slide show like yours, even a tilt and overlap if inset images has a degree of charm