WnSoft Forums

Files not found

Vince Bevan

Hello,

I know this topic has come up before but I still can't seem to resolve it.

I have installed P2E (latest version) on my laptop, along with a slideshow created with the same version on another computer but when I open it the files are missing, even though I have them open in P2E.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

Vince

Hi Vince,

From your description, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "open it." Do you mean that if you open PTE and load the "filename.pte" that images are missing? If by "open it" you mean "play" the executable, the basic images are contained in the PTE executable code, but intermediate images for pan, zooms, etc., are created on the fly by the computer using the original jpg's or png's as starting points.

The best way to transfer PTE files from your other computer is to use the ZIP function. "File " "Create backup in Zip" then copy the zip file to the new computer where you can "unzip" and extract the entire set of images, sounds, objects, etc., contained in the original show. It sounds like you have not copied all the files you need to create or manipulate your original show.

If you could explain in more detail it would be helpful.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Sorry for not being clearer, what was happening was that when I tried to load the project into P2E all I was getting was the title pages and an error message saying 'file not found' where the images should have been, although all the pan & zoom settings were still there.

I had tried creating a 'backup in Zip' but the same thing was happening but have since created another Zip file and copied this over to the laptop and everything is now there.

Must have been a glitch in the process somewhere (me I should think!)

Would also just like to say thank you for your tutorials - they are excellent and a big help.

Vince

Vince

I have installed P2E (latest version) on my laptop, along with a slideshow created with the same version on another computer

If the location of these files was lets say from drive D on the original computer and you don't have a drive D on your laptop, that could be the problem

but when I open it the files are missing, even though I have them open in P2E.

Yes, you can see them yourself, but PTE is looking in the wrong place

If you still have the slide show on the other computer, go to it and open it on the original computer. Then from the file menu, create a back-up to Zip

Take that zip file to the laptop, unzip and open the project file from there and all should be OK.

If you don't have the original, you can select the missing files in the slide list at the bottom of the PTE main screen, (one at a time) and then change each one via the change image file button, top middle/right of the main screen, shouldn't take too long for 30-40 slides.