WnSoft Forums

Comment object - a tool for documenting a sequence

This may be of interest only to those who build complex multi-object images with complex animations.

I would find it very useful to be able to add a text object to the object stack that I could then use to document the details of the technique I have used on that slide - and the reasons I had for doing it that particular way. At present I do this by adding a zero-opacity text object. But the viewable area for a text object is so very small in the Properties tab.

What I have in mind is a new object type: e.g. Comment - using icon C. When added to the slide this would open up a large pop-up window into which the documentation details could then be added. I would not want any fancy text formatting in this window - although word-wrap would be very, very helpful. This new object would never be part of the visible slide at any time. It would be there simply to remind the user, at a later date, why the slide was put together the way that it was.

regards,

Peter

"But the viewable area for a text object is so very small in the Properties tab."

I completely agree !

But is it necessery to add a new object (different of Text)? Or just add, as you say, a large pop up window for writting the text.

With zero-opacity you'll have what you want (not really a big work to put the opacity at zero).

With 100% opacity, it'll be far easier to use the pup-up window to add a lot of text, for example for the tutorials.

I've no objection to the text object giving us a popup window in which to do the data entry. As you rightly say, it's not a big job to put the opacity to zero. However, I think I would prefer the real text object to allow us to key the text directly into the screen location (like a Photoshop or Powerpoint text field).

regards,

Peter