WnSoft Forums

Make "Show front/back" keypoint-able

I have found, when building my animated sequences, that there are times when it would be extremely useful to be able to change the status of the 3D Parameters "Show front side" and "Show back side" at a keyframe - effectively turning on or off the visibility of that object instantaneously.

I recently wanted to have a cube that had different images on the outside and inside faces and which then "exploded" revealing both sets of images. To achieve this using keyframes and opacity control would be very time-consuming. Had I been able to switch the state of "Show front side"/"Show back side" at a single keyframe, the programming of the sequence would become much simpler.

regards,

Peter

Hi dear Peter,

Sorry Peter, I've some difficulties to imagine what you want.

Up to now, we need two keyframe to change the parameters, so what difference between opacity or front/back side ( if this parameter could be changed, which is not possible today)?

Could you give us more details ?

Best regards,

Jean-Cyprien

Jean-Cyprien,

I'll try and explain in words tonight - if I have time tomorrow I'll try and build an example.

Imagine a cube with six images. Imagine that we then want to "explode" this cube and see the image on both sides of each face as the faces move away. To show this cube properly in its assembled state, it is necessary to turn off the "inside" faces. But as the cube explodes it is necessary to turn the inside faces back "on".

The ability to change the visibility state at a single point in time would be very useful in this situation.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Last year (Oct 2009 I think already !!!) when the new 6.0 version arrived, I've made a short example of what we'll be able to do with it. I don't remember if I had posted it here. But here you'll find it.

Is it something like this that you want to do ?

Best regards,

Jean-Cyprien

PS If you remember, I've already made an explosion of a dodecahedron with the 5.6 version !! (My Sorcerer Apprentice'exercices )

And if the "Show front/back" becomes a keypoint-able parameter, it could certainly be very interesting !

MonSoleil_15.zip

Hi Peter,

Here is an explosion of a cube (very rapidly made)

Under a parent frame (External) you make the animation with just the external pictures with only Show front side.

Then you copy the External frame and paste it at the same level (here as a child of Cadre1)

On the original frame (now UNDER the copy) you change the name for Internal, and you change the pictures for the internal pictures with only Show back side

That's all

Explosion.pt.zip

Bonjour Jean-Cyprien,

We must have been working and posting at the same time this morning. I've just prepared and posted this () under the "50 Years..." topic.

Your solution is a neat one. I used that technique (of two identical cubes) to solve the problem of having the rearmost faces of the exploding cube come from behind the revealed cube: but I never thought of using it to turn on the inside faces.

regards,

Peter