WnSoft Forums

50 Years of Manned Spaceflight

fh1805

I thought I had seen enough of these flying cubes, but this was actually really funny.

A nice variation with good imagination of the cube theme.

Also good image quality (did you make it with the PTE 7.0 version using Unsharp Mask?).

Thanks for showing.

Jan

...did you make it with the PTE 7.0 version using Unsharp Mask?

Hi Jan,

No this was made using v6.5. I find that one of the secrets of sharpness is to start with images that are larger than the final size of the show. This show is 1920x1080 pixels. Therefore all the original images were at least that size. They were then taken into Photoshop Elements v9 and cropped and/or resized to the size that I actually wanted: the backgrounds to 1920x1080 JPEG, the flags to 500x500 PNG, the mission patches just 90x90 PNG (to preserve the transparency around the emblems), the six Shuttle images 1500x1500 (to give me freedom to choose the file zoom factor) and the Kennedy and Gagarin images at their size as downloaded from the web. Each image was given a little Unsharp mask in Photoshop Elements (varying from 50% to 150%).

Another secret is to very slightly oversharpen compared to the amount you would apply to an image that was to be printed.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter, excellent show, and very artistic.

We, here in Bryan/College Station Texas, are in the running for one of the three retiring shuttles.

We already have a building designed,(by Texas A&M architectural students)to house it, at George Bush Senior's presidential library.

The selection, will be announced Tuesday, April 12, 2011.

Best regards, Gayland

Peter -

Very impressive. The cube reminded me of the obelisk in 2001/2010 and it was very distinct - great sync work as well.

Well done

Greg