WnSoft Forums

Peter Coles

Friends,

Peter Sephton Coles BSc Dip Ed FRPS FIPF EFIAP FACI(M), very sadly passed away on 31st March. His funeral yesterday was attended by family and by many colleagues and AV friends. I have made this sequence as a brief tribute to a man who has not only produced so many great AVs, but has inspired and helped countless AV workers around the world. For those unable to make it to the funeral, this is a brief glimpse of the occasion and my tribute to someone who will be sorely missed. (Words are from Peter's sequence 'Your Star', I hope that he won't mind me using them)

http://www.staffs-av.org.uk/AVs/Stardust.zip

Howard

Thanks you, Howard,

That was a beautiful tribute, and one which I'm certain Peter would greatly appreciate were he able to watch. Who knows? He may very well have seen it. He will be greatly missed by all, not only for his charm and wit, but also his ability to produce poignant and stunning AV's, and write meaningful sonnets making even the mundane interesting and thought provocative.

As your images clearly portray, Peter had many friends and relatives who gave him a lovely "send off" on his journey to the next great adventure which someday awaits us all.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for the moments to remember by. Your presentation has just enough of Peter's technique/style to take me back to Peter's pervasive "message" AV's. One of my favorite memories is of Peter soliciting my "help" to promote discussion on another site. Although Peter had strong and well justified points of view, he wanted my "debate" to help get others involved so we could all learn together. I have today in my library a totally unrelated novel, that I purchased on Peter's simple recommendation that I "would enjoy it." I did enjoy it, and thought it cool that Peter had enough insight to correctly predict my enjoyment.