WnSoft Forums

Move key-points ON THE FLY in 6.5.8

Igor,

I am not shure if it is worked out or a bug, but in the Q&A window, it is no longer possible to move the key-points on the fly. It its a crime to get the key-points in sync with the music when we have to press the stop/pauze buton first, move a key-point and press play again until its like we want it.

Before, I am pretty shure it was possible to grab a key-point, drag it anywhere else and drop it, while the slide and music start playing again from the moved key-point again.

Or am I wrong?

Kind regards,

André

Sorry, but it never was possible in the Objects and animation editor. You have to pause a preview and then move necessary keypoint.

Igor,

Sorry then, it must have been in my mind somehow. The timeline works that way. It is realy very hard work to click the pauze button on the right then move the mouse to the left and change a keypoint, set pointer back, move the mouse to the right again to press the play button and repeat this process as needed. On a 24" monitor. There is a option under the right-mouse button but I think thats not handy at all.

But I would like this work the way it works on the timeline. Is that possible?

Kind regards,

André

Will it be possible in future releases, moving several keypoints together?

This I would like to see. I would find it very useful to be able to right-click on the Object name in the list, select from the pop-up menu a new option to "Move all keyframes" and have that show a further pop-up in which we could supply an offset value (plus or minus, in milliseconds) that we wanted applying to all the keyframes for the chosen object.

A further release of PTE could then add the extra flexibility of de-selecting one or more of the chosen keyframes before applying the offset.

regards,

Peter

This I would like to see. I would find it very useful to be able to right-click on the Object name in the list, select from the pop-up menu a new option to "Move all keyframes" and have that show a further pop-up in which we could supply an offset value (plus or minus, in milliseconds) that we wanted applying to all the keyframes for the chosen object.

I realized, but with Excel, from an idea of ​​JPD

post-6892-0-68566300-1302693737_thumb.jp

Igor -

I'm still trying to get you to bite on this one. :angry:

What about "keyframe grouping" in the O&A; this has been brought up a few times over the past 2 years. Ether very few members understand what is meant by "keyframe grouping" and how simple it would make the repositioning of the fading in and out of an object during the animation time of the main slide - to be able to click on the first keyframe and then shift click on the last keyframe and move them all together would be great. I know this has nothing to do with VIDEO which is what a lot of members are excited about but it would sure help the members who still believe that slideshows are created using still images. That's why I got into PTE.

Greg Gordon

Greg,

Read my post #5. My suggestion, if implemented, would give you what you ask for. I have proposed a simple way to gather together all the keypoints for a selected object and then move them "en bloc" a time interval of your choice, either to the left or the right, whilst preserving their time relationships with one another. I do not believe a "drag and drop" solution will be suitable for this. It is impossible to get the placement on the timeline to the necessary accuracy; especially as we cannot see the waveform of the soundtrack in the O&A window. With my proposal the accuracy will be to within one millisecond. And even without a visible waveform, a little trial and error will get the positioning that we require.

Peter

I want the use of keypoint to be as flexibel as possible. And since there is no waveform in the O&A to work with movement of keypoint on the fly is needed. I hope that Igor makes it possible to shift some, or all keypoints in any direction, on the fly. Wouldn't that be perfect for getting the music in sync with the effects we make?!

Regards,

André

Peter -

I'm happy to see someone else beside myself and the DOM get on this topic. However, your suggestion of having multiple pop-ups seems to me to be a little confusing. I was looking for something a lot more simpler. I am hoping Igor will allow for the moving of a group of keyframe points in the same way we can move only 1 now. That could be accomplished by simply selecting the object you want to work with, then high light all it's keyframes by mouse click on the first frame and then "shift" click on the last frame and then drag the group to the left or right. For the way I work, it seems quite simple.

I have an image that identifies clearly what I mean BUT I'll be dammed if I can figure out how to insert an image that is sitting on my desktop. :blink:

Greg

Greg,

Your proposal will work fine if the object's keyframes are relatively few, and relatively well spaced out. But some complex animations can require several keyframes each within a few millisecs of one another. In this scenario it is impossible to separate them visually with sufficient accuracy in order to get the mouse click on precisely the ones wanted.

To get a screen grab of your desktop you first need software to do the grabbing. This will capture the screen image as a JPEG file. Then you attach that file to your post. Which part of the process are you struggling with?

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Greg

to get an image from your desk top is a simple matter, no software needed.

Assuming the image is open full screen, press the PRT SCR key on the top row of your keyboard, open your photo editing programme, I use Elements 6.

See DT1 go to file, new, OK & a blank file will open, name it if you wish, see DT2.

Once your blank file is there, go to EDIT PASTE, see DT3.

Your Desk Top is now on your screenimage is now on your screen. Finally go to SAVE AS see DT4, change the format to JPEG, & save where you wish.

Having just explained all this, I think you may be referring to getting an image into your post???

If so Go to the section under your message, SEE DT5, click the browse button, find you desk top image & import it into your message, see DT6. I hope this helps.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-95399100-1303367264_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-04650700-1303367281_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-08640000-1303367295_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-66443600-1303367316_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-72718800-1303367333_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-95742000-1303367359_thumb.jp

Oh dopey me! :huh:

I was using "fast reply" which doesn't give you the needed option. I feel like a little foolish - that comes with age I guess - that's my excuse.

Anyway, thanks for the reminders & and assistance. The attached image shows only one object with 4 keyframes. Lots of times I may have several objects all containing 4 or more frames. If you aan only move one keyframe at a time, it takes for ever. Also, moving the keyframes one at a time, its hard to keep the animation timing correct.

Greg