WnSoft Forums

What is Audio Visual

Just my thoughts......

All in all, I like your thoughts :)

... I doubt if there are any members - senior or otherwise - who "make" people believe that technical applications of PTE are in any way "the high art of AV." ...

This is a point where I do not agree. It may not be your intention, but I think that you do it! And, there is another techie who invites everybody to "discover his AV experience" and who sells some stuff for "reasonable prices" :D

Best regards,

Xaver

Having read the previous posts I would like to add some comments:

Anyone who can and does make tutorials for Pte (and any other AV software for that matter) should be applauded for their efforts whether the turorials are free or not. I do appreciate Barry's effort on "What is AV".

Sibilance in recordings, I'm assuming the use of a decent audio microphone here and NOT a computer microphone, you can reduce sibilance to a degree by some or all of the following:

A ribbon microphone which unfortunately can be rather expensive!

A pop filter, can be quite inexpensive or even homemade just do a Google search to see what one is like.

A good windshield for the microphone.

Placing the microphone to one side and speaking across it when recording instead of speaking into it.

A de-essing program do a Google search, Adobe Audition does have this feature.

Regards

John

Just my thoughts......

Best regards,

Lin

I think you have made a fair point there Lin, we do need to bear in mind that we should not be imposing the characteristics of other forums on this one.

What we have here are a group of people who post there shows because they love making them, and enjoy the experience of sharing. It would be pretty pointless making an audio visual presentation not to show it.

I would like to underpin the principal that if someone posts a show, they should make it clear if they want any critique, or even post it on a forum where there are members whose focus is the give constructive comments and offer advice and guidance.

However let us not lose sight what I think was the intention of this forum; a place for people to share there work. I personally enjoy most of the shows here, be they technical masterpieces or holiday snaps (which I do have a fondness for).

We must appreciate that most people here are amateurs, which if we look up the word amateur means: ‘somebody who loves or is greatly interested in something’.