WnSoft Forums

help

cici

Hi to all

My AVI files are not recognized!

I’ve spent many hours trying with different AVI converter downloaded from the net: no success.

When I asked for Preview I only had sound on Windows Media Player (9) , but at the end of preview my computer always blocked and not every time CTRL+DELETE helped.

All this was during the night. This morning, checking for preview, I’ve nothing in my player!!!

My show is 71 Mb, synchronized , prepared, of course, with previous PTE version.

I’m running under WIN 98 SE – Pentium III – 500 Mhz – 128 Mb Ram

Need help

MORE DETAILS

I uninstalled and installed PTE.

I made a short show : problem is still there: only sound in preview. Impossible to work with Ulead DVD Movie Factory, and when working with any AVI to MPG converter I obtain this message:

ACCESS VIOLATION AT ADDRESS 018825BF in module PTEVIDEO.DLL’

Write of address 00561000

Tell Santa you need a new computer

Hi Truelight,

I think you are right. Almost if I connect my AVI problem to other secondary problems, there is just one conclusion: my PIII Win 98 SE 500Mhz isn’t fast enough for what I’m doing now!

And I don’t see any special reason for having only music when I check for preview or for not working at all in Ulead.

Anyway, after new testing I’ve to say that for me too Beta 2 is better working: I can encode PTE AVI files to MPG with the same software than you: AVI to MPEG Converter, but my SVCD wasn’t accepted by my DVD player.

I’ll pray Santa.

Help!

I have the same problem, my avi files as produced by 4.20 beta #2 are not recognised by TMPGEnc, nor will they play in Win media player, sound only here?

TMPGEnc is latest version, I only downloaded it today.

I have a reasonable machine 1600 AMD Athlon, 512 ram, plenty of hard disc space.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Alan

Extra to above post,

I'm using Win XP, and I did not click "Finish" in P2E before I tried to encode or play the avi file.

Alan

Alan, is your Win Media Player up to date? My default avi player is Irfanview, which on the PTE produced avi, will play sound only. But on same avi (with PTE "finish" not pushed), the Windows Media Player plays sound and picture just fine.

Hotmetal, did you try uninstalling your encoder and reinstalling it? Several months ago I had this problem when I updated myTMPGEnc encoder.

I just downloaded beta 1 and am now downloading the beta#2. In the other room, I have TMPGEnc working with the .AVI that PTE just produced. It has proven to be an excellant encoding program.

I'm looking forward to top notch results. I'm going to use my ULEAD Movie Factory program to do a SVCD and a DVD. Also going to use the TMPGEnc Authoring program to do the same. The comparison will be interesting. <_<

Larry T

Hi Larry T,

I just downloaded a new version of TMPGEnc and all is well!! :D

I've use Nero to burn the MPEG2 and it look pretty good, not as good as the monitor view of P2E, but as they say " that's television ".

Thanks

Alan

Hi to all

Here are my last results after uninstalling/installing my CD-R software and updating my Win Media Player:

AVI files from PTE beta 2 are recognized by different AVI-MPG encoders. Best results with TEMPGenc Plus.

I still have only sound on preview but I could encode and bur a SVCD with Ulead (exe file 71 Mb ; about 5 hours encoding: fast burning) . My TV-DVD-R player recognized the SVCD but quality was very poor and after a few minutes it stopped playing.

As soon as possible I’ll try encoding the whole exe with TEMPGen Plus and burn to SVCD the new Mpeg2. I’ll let you know the results but I think they will be good. But…