WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.20 beta #2

Igor

Igor you are a genius!

The AVI produced by PTE now loads on virtually anything I can throw at it! (Both streams)

This is a great day for PTE and cements its future in the AV market.

Congratulations to all the Wnsoft Team

Out of all the programs I have downloaded and trialled Ulead Movie Factory 2 (at this stage) is giving by far the best quality, but also is one of the easiest programs to use.

On the Television the shows are looking VERY nice!

As noted previously in beta 1 we need a music file to be added to the project so as to be able to create a dvd and was told that soon in the next, I think, that it would be fixed so not to need the audio file so that a dvd could be made with only pictures.

I saw beta 2 and downloaded and installed it and I see it also needs a music file.

Any idea when this will change?

Don

Igor,

I've never been so happy to have someone create a bunch of work for me in a loooong time. DVD Video feature works just peachy for me and looks great. I had been reluctantly testing some other DVD slideshow programs and none of them gave me what P2E did, now it appears I have the best of both worlds!

My hat's off to you Igor, and I'll even send it to you if you provide me an address!

James

Anchorage, Alaska

Igor, the avi function (PTE codec) seems to run just fine within PTE. Then, leaving PTE open, I try Pinnacle Studio to make SVCD. No matter what I try, Studio error tells me "The selected clip has non-standard Video Frame Rate thus cannot be encoded to MPEG" I can make SVCD with other avi files, but not with the avi file made by PTE. Can you or I do something to make it work?

Two issues -

A show which worked perfectly when produced in beta #1 has a distracting feature in the transitions with # 2. The photos are of a young girl with "frizzy" hair, the same photo transitions from colour to toned to black & white. The hair seems to transition faster than the rest of the slide, hard to describe but very distracting. This didn't happen with beta #1, nothing else has changed as far as I know.

Second, neither version works with Sonic MyDVD. I tried this because I already own it, and I saw another user was successful. When I try to add the .avi, P2E crashes then Sonic. This is on Win XP.

Any help greatly appreciated! :unsure:

EDIT: the frizzy hair problem is resolved, it was linked to use of the sharpness filter when creating the AVI. Sonic worked one time (and completed the task a lot faster than Ulead), but the first slide was very posterized. It's back to crashing both programs again.