WnSoft Forums

Return to Burning Man

All,

Have uploaded to Mediafire,‘Return to Burning Man’.

*************Link has been removed*************

Lasting 5minutes 50seconds and 30mb filesize.

A friend sent me 95% ot these portrait style shots.

I tried masks and 2 at a time slides,but it didn't work too well.

In the end I made some negative slide style frames which I think worked better.

For Ken and his grandson,I have enabled Keyboard control.

Although there is no graphic content,some occasional bare flesh does make an appearance.

Well it is ‘Burning Man’ after all.

Viewer discretion is therefore advised.

Davy

Davy

gave myself a "TENS" TREATMENT with my unit

http://www.drhonow.com/dual-muscle-massage-system-how-it-works.php

http://www.google.ca/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=tens+therapy+side+effects&aq=2&aqi=g5&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=30300f4f0662de07

FEELS BETTER NOW :)

I seen the edge strip names -- nice add on

you should have a look for the Sturgis gathering - might get some artistic picts there

ken

Nice one Davy,

Burning man is a great gathering, but terribly dusty and dry.

Sturgis, South Dakota is a sleepy little town in the Black Hills with a permanent population of about six thousand. Between August 3 and August 9 the population will swell with bikers to well over 600,000 and could be as high this year as 800,000. The population of the entire state is less than 700,000 - LOL.

I'll try to take lots of pictures and maybe put up a slideshow in August if everything goes well.

Best regards,

Lin

Ken,

I have one of those tens units.Helps if my back starts playing up.

Had a look at the sturgis Gig.

Some nice pics/music here http://www.shootersi...dex2.php#/home/

Some adult content.

Davy

Hey Davy,

Yep - ghostly quiet - LOL. That's my "bad boy" biker alter ego - My daughter didn't even recognize me when I posted the pix on Facebook - Sturgis is a crazy week. Last time my wife, Sherry and I were there we didn't have our bike and felt like we were in a zoo, only we were behind the bars. Sherry came from a biker family and was practically raised on the back of a bike as a kid. I've been riding since I was about 15 - used to race in the old days. When my daughter (now 43 years young) was a little tyke, I used to take her out on one of my dirt bikes and do jumps, hill climbs, etc. She would sit on the tank in front of me and hold on to the cross-bar support between the handle bars from the time she was about three years old. She absolutely loved motorcycles. These days it's just me and the highway, but hey, maybe I'll meet a friendly biker babe in Sturgis - after all there will be around 300,000 or more there so the probabilities are favorable - HA!

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

I bet Sturgis in August is a quiet gig :lol:

Pics or even a slideshow would be sweet.

Like the new biker Lin pic.

Davy

Davy's show does not have any advertising

but

Mediafire - the hosting site does - somthing has to pay for the free service

there other hostng services but they all have some sort of drawback -- mediafire has the least restrictions thus the advert's

ken

Hi Rick,

I hate all those ads.Thet get everywhere nowadays.

Just about killed off Youtube.

Guess it's punishment for not having a paid for Pro account on Mediafire.

Might help to disable popups. Ignoring the ads,just click on the ....

'Click here to download from Mediafire' tab.

Davy

Davy's show does not have any advertising

but

Mediafire - the hosting site does - somthing has to pay for the free service

there other hostng services but they all have some sort of drawback -- mediafire has the least restrictions thus the advert's

ken

As Ken already knows, Beechbrook.Com contain no advertisement. Never has, never will. It's open to all for their use.

Bill

Hi Davy,

Sorry have been slow in commenting on your show. I enjoyed the images reflecting the people and gave me a sense of what Burning Man is all about.

I enjoyed your format of the show and the length of each slide enabled me to see the "juicy" parts. I would love to visit such a festival and mingle

with the crowds and chat to people obviously from all walks of life.

Thanks for a good show Davy.

Colin

Hi Colin,

Although not taken with some uber mega pixel camera,these mainly people shots,I think,capture the moment.

The event and people I suppose make it a little easier to do,as some love to be seen and are all to willing to pose.

It’s the sort of place that could change you forever.

P.S. I kept all the really juicy pics.

Davy

Hi Bill,

There is always some excellent AVs on Beechbrook,but isn't everything subject to censorship?

I mean,no nudity,no images of war etc.

Would you even allow something like 'Burning Man'?

Davy

Davy,

I've always requested that anything submitted to Beechbrook be viewable by any family member. Over the years I've rejected less than a hand-full because folks have done their own 'censorship'. You're right... Burning Man would probably not make the 'family list'. ;) But please, do use my services where applicable.:)

Bill

Bill,

If you ever decide to drop the Disney World censorship thing,I’d be only too happy to post on your site that you advertised.

Given that it seems unlikely,I could always go for Mediafire Pro. No Ads and no censorship.

It’s a paid for option,but I guess that’s the price of freedom.

Still,as a low level user I can put up with the other evil of Ads and stick with the free version of Mediafire.

It’s kind of reassuring to know that Burning Man wouldn’t have made it on to Beechbrook.

I had feared that I had watered it down too much.

Keep up the good work. :)

Davy

Bill,

If you ever decide to drop the Disney World censorship thing,I'd be only too happy to post on your site that you advertised.

Given that it seems unlikely,I could always go for Mediafire Pro. No Ads and no censorship.

Davy

Call it what you will Davy, those have been my guidelines since 1992. That's fairly close to 20 years. With 611,682 downloads to date, at least there are a couple of folks that don't mind my rules. ;)

Call it what you will Davy, those have been my guidelines since 1992. That's fairly close to 20 years. With 611,682 downloads to date, at least there are a couple of folks that don't mind my rules. ;)

Bill,

For something as unpopular as Slideshows,that is a very impressive download count.

Over 80 downloads a day.Not too sure how many of them downloading are kids though.

Adult content filtering,selective screening,Ned Flanders approved....call it what you will,it’s all censorship.

To be fair,any system designed to keep the likes of me out,can't be all bad :)

Still,I would hate to see what you would do with some rolls of Gaffer tape in a Museum/Art Gallery :rolleyes:

Davy

Bill,

For something as unpopular as Slideshows,that is a very impressive download count.

Over 80 downloads a day.Not too sure how many of them downloading are kids though.

Adult content filtering,selective screening,Ned Flanders approved....call it what you will,it's all censorship.

To be fair,any system designed to keep the likes of me out,can't be all bad :)

Still,I would hate to see what you would do with some rolls of Gaffer tape in a Museum/Art Gallery :rolleyes:

Davy

Davy,

Enough said. Lets put it to rest. Beechbrook has guidelines. My decision, end of discussion. Now on with the A/Vs and slide shows. :)

Bill

Two points from me:

I have always hated and distrusted Media Fire. I would welcome a suggestion for a "better/different" option.

I nearly downloaded this EXE but then I read Bill's comments; I trust his judgement and if it's not for Beechbrook it's not for me.

DG

Hi Dave,

Regarding making AVs available ............. I don't know whether or not this is of use. I use 'Dropbox'. I've only recently found it and used it several times (for my own website, as well) and so far, touch wood, have not found any problems. It was a choice, for me, between that and Mediafire, but I didn't like the aggressive home page of that website. Dropbox hosts freely - up to a given amount (2GB I think). I haven't found a limit on the number of downloads. More than enough for any AVs I shall be making and want to be seen! I also think I saw that there is a file size limit but, again, I think it was high, something like 200MB. It also offers more options on payment of a subscription. You register and are given access to your own 'area', where there are folders for different activities, for eg., to share the contents with family (each uploading or downloading to the folder. For us, it offers the option of a 'Public' folder into which you can upload an AV (or anything else). Each file in the folder has a unique url which can then be made available publicly. These are the urls that are attached to the AVs. The url links to only one AV, not the box. What I like about Dropbox is that you can, at any time, see what you have in your public box (by password) and delete or change as you wish.

link to Dropbox > https://www.dropbox.com/

I hope this helps .............

Sheila G

Hi DaveG,

I agree with Bill, and you, there are plenty of trash websites out there, if that's what a person wants to visit.

I like to think, PTE Forum is more of a family orientated site, since, we have several lady contributors.

Best regards, Gayland