WnSoft Forums

Your next challenge.....

davegee

So do most footballs where I'm concerned. Now, if it had been a deep red, shiny ball with a nice stitched seam on it, I might have been tempted!

Peter

Spoken like a true Yorkshire lad!

I think that with THAT ball, a PTE version would be more difficult.

DG

Hi Dave,

This is not exactly an answer of the challenge. It was not accurate enough, and it was made with 32 masks and this was not a good idea for the fluidity, but it was made with the beta 13 of version 6, two years ago ! (31 of July 2009).

C60_12.zip

And two months later, JPD gave us a more beautiful exemple, he called « Orange peel ».

It was made to test the accuracy of PTE with the new possibilities in 3D. He has written « Nota : il y a plusieurs méthodes plus saines pour faire ce solide » (There are several methods to make this solid, which are more sound).

Pelure d'orange_D.zip

Congratulations for your football, Dave, a lot more accurate than mine.

Regards - Jean-Cyprien

Thank you J-C,

Mine could be made much more accurate still using a smaller component (singular) but the complexity would increase and I'm not sure that I want the hassle.

Mine is made with just one single solid object (and a LOT of frames).

I see no practical use for these things other than in title sequences etc - I just like the challenge!

DG

Rossi,

Excellent work but you neglected to indicate optimum viewing resolution?

You have taken an idea and transformed it into something new and different.

There's a little shimmering in the Pyramid show which perhaps could be addressed?

There are also small gaps between adjacent triangles in the Multi show indicating (PERHAPS) some inaccuracies in the making or calculating of their dimensions.

10 out of 10.

DG

Hi Rossi,

That was fun!!

I especially liked the dancing pyramids ............ it just goes to show that these 3D animations can be used in any number of different ways to bring some variety or added interest to our AVs.

Sheila G