WnSoft Forums

Transitions in O&A

Please tell me if this has been raised before and I'll delete the thread?

In the O&A window it would be great to be able to see the next image appearing during the "outgoing transition".

It would make alignment of images for the "third image" effect so much easier.

Anyone have any views?

DG

Dave,

I don't recall it being raised before. My own method is to build my images within Photoshop as Layers. Using the Move tool I can adjust both the size and the position of each image relative to the previous and next. Changing the opacity allows me to assess not just the third image but the transition all the way through.

Sure, its time consuming, but that is what is required in order to achieve something more than just images changing one after the other. Unfortunately, with my preference for subjects of a historical nature, I often am using old images and so don't have as much freedom to change the composition as I do with my own images.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

I have done that when necessary, but I now find myself moving away from PS and relying almost entirely on NX2. I use PS for very little these days (my recent HAY show was 100% NX2).

It occurred to me that being able to do it from within PTE would be advantageous to a lot of people out there and quite a time saver.

Doing it in PS necessitates saving large PSD files and, although HD space is not a problem, they are cumbersome to work with.

I guess that introducing the next image as an object to a slide and varying its opacity for precise positioning is a good workaround but not as easy as being able to do it during the transition phase.

DG

Whilst I can accept the benefit for some users, to my mind the use of PTE to do this will result in unnecessarily large image files being used. We know the consequence of that: the potential for a sequence not to run smoothly on a system other than the one it was created on.

regards,

Peter

Please tell me if this has been raised before and I'll delete the thread?

In the O&A window it would be great to be able to see the next image appearing during the "outgoing transition".

It would make alignment of images for the "third image" effect so much easier.

Anyone have any views?

DG

Hi Dave,

Kind regards,

André

• 2 months later...

Dave,

Copy the following image as an object into the slide you are working on.

Reduce the opacity so you can get the alignment you require.

Then when happy with it, Reset the Opacity back to 100%, cut from this slide, paste back into the next & delete the original.

Jill