WnSoft Forums

A Remarkable Software Package

Lin Evans

Hi Folks,

Lately, I've had the pleasure of reviewing a wonderful program which creates web albums. It's called S10 WebAlbum and can be downloaded at:

Link to S10 WebAlbum

This is a really nice package which does much more than "just' create a web album. It includes tools to rotate, tilt, adjust brightness, remove red eye and even lets you link to your favorite program such as Photoshop to further manipulate your image if you deem it necessary.

The program has multiple "themes" and is very versatile in ways to present your images. There are places to write descriptions, comments, etc., and you can change fonts, colors, and present your photos in user selected sizes. I've used a large number of "web album generating" tools folks, but this one is special in my opinion. It's VERY easy to use, very intuitive and the developer is quite helpful if there are issues specific to your use.

This program was formerly sold, but is now offered as freeware though I suggest that anyone who uses it and finds it useful donate a small amount to help keep development current. The developer also has some really nice and low priced other utilities which you can see when you visit his page.

As some of you may know, I'm helping a local lady with setting up her website to display her art. I'm building a website for her and am using the S10 WebAlbum to display some of her art. Here's a link to see one of many "themes" possible with this fine package. It gets my highest recommendation!!

Link to my Sample!

Lin

Hi Lin,

Yes I completely agree with you ~ the "S10-Flash Program" is really superb I have been using it since March 2009.

I will go as far as to say that it beats many MPeg-Videos hands down both in quality of Image-reproduction and its

smoothness of operation. The Program is less than 2mB in size and comes with its own 'Off-line Viewer' no need to

go on line for Testing purposes. Here below are some small Gif-Screenshots taken directly from its Viewer.

Brian (Conflow)

post-1416-0-30974500-1314300959_thumb.gi

post-1416-0-51616400-1314300976_thumb.gi

post-1416-0-28815900-1314300989_thumb.gi

Hi, Lin,

Your long experience in fine art photography animates this artist's work. She found the right person for the job! Good material to demo this software, too.

David

Thanks Lin - I took your lead = great program (for me)! I was ready to write a review myself. :)

Late one night I took 10 minutes to read the S10 webpage intro/instructions. Next morning within 20 minutes my first encounter was successfully on the web. The toughest part for me was to know for sure the address of my "upload server." But my first guess was successful. With such an easy, successful, start then meant I had to play longer and try a few more things. Eventually, after several ammending uploads, I encountered some hitch with the FTP uploads - would no longer complete properly. I had to use a third party FTP temporarily. BUT, even with that detour, one of my favorite features of S10 is, indeed, the built in FTP upload facility. Using the built-in, most changes, even added photos, are very fast - as the program detects and uploads only the newphotos or information.

The program's internal logic is great. The interface is intuitive and clear. And even sometimes-possibly-self-proclaimed grouch, Ken, could enjoy this one! :D

If anyone wants to take a look at the website results, or the photography, you are welcome at the links below. I welcome your comments on both.

http://tinyurl.com/Pfeifferhorn

http://tinyurl.com/42uep9v

http://do-some-good.com/albums/Test_album/index.htm

http://tinyurl.com/HiSchoolFootball