WnSoft Forums

New Shows and Updated Shows

cagney123

I just wanted to mention that I have a couple new shows...Some Dreams Come True and part two of that show...Journey to Pedestal Alley. Both use PTE 7. Please update your AVG virus software as it will show a false positive if you don't. Many of us have had problems with this...but it has been resolved...so update to the newest AVG 2012.

Basically the two shows show how I spent my summer vacation...and my philosophy on life. I have at least one more part coming...but in the meantime I've updated a couple old shows...and I've posted one of my all-time favorites...Fall 2007. It might be the best I've done so far. The Dom mentioned something I should do...when I posted a preview of 2007 back in the day...I used music from Basil Poledouris that moved along...and my preview was kind of flat...he said I should move it along with the music... I followed his advice and reedited my opening and went from there. Sometimes it is good to listen to others...though most of the time I'm not so sure. Anyway...I've posted a few shows recently and if you haven't checked them out...take a look and give a little feedback...even if it is a kick in the slats. That is why we post...though hopefully most of you will enjoy them as is...but if you want to mention something that you think might help...well, I'm all for it. My slats can still take it.

Happy Trails...and Until That Time...Jeff

Shows are on Beechbrook.Com

Jeff:

Have just spent the last few hours downloading and watching all 4 of the shows you posted. I thoroughly enjoyed them and living in Northern Arizona, I have visited many of the same places so I can really appreciate your skills as a photographer. I was particularly impressed with the clarity of the shots from Newspaper Rock. I also loved the reflections of the red-topped mountains in your latest "Some Dreams Come True" sequence. I don't do as much hiking as I would like, so I don't often get to places like that. Canyonlands is beautiful and your photos do it justice. I even recognized the "Wooden Shoe" arch in one of the shots. I spent several days at the Sand Dunes in late August but unfortunately there was no snow (or water to wade across either).

I like the way you have used gentle animations in your sequences, and I always enjoy the shots you include of your dog. I also think the music you selected was well suited to the content. Thanks for sharing these and I look forward to more shows (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Jeff:

Have just spent the last few hours downloading and watching all 4 of the shows you posted. I thoroughly enjoyed them and living in Northern Arizona, I have visited many of the same places so I can really appreciate your skills as a photographer. I was particularly impressed with the clarity of the shots from Newspaper Rock. I also loved the reflections of the red-topped mountains in your latest "Some Dreams Come True" sequence. I don't do as much hiking as I would like, so I don't often get to places like that. Canyonlands is beautiful and your photos do it justice. I even recognized the "Wooden Shoe" arch in one of the shots. I spent several days at the Sand Dunes in late August but unfortunately there was no snow (or water to wade across either).

I like the way you have used gentle animations in your sequences, and I always enjoy the shots you include of your dog. I also think the music you selected was well suited to the content. Thanks for sharing these and I look forward to more shows (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Hi Mary...thanks for all the kind feedback. You have a good eye, the wooden shoe, and now I know what they call that formation. I go along and photograph things and never learn their names.

Actually, in The Great Sand Dunes NP, the water runs all the time...at least I think it does as there is a live spring. It is one of the few places on earth where the water Pulses about every 20 seconds. The water just doesn't always make it to the main dune area. If you go up a 4x4 track that runs below the campground you can find a nice private area...on

the north end of the dunes where very few people go. Most folks only see the highest point of the dunes. I've been there a few times and I must say the snow makes a big difference in dramatic viewing. If we get a late

spring snow I usually will plan a quick trip. The weather is good and fresh snow looks great. Early snows in the fall do the same. But March was quite cold and mostly dreary and windy...but it made for good pics.

Off topic...and I know you've mentioned this before...where do you live in Northern Arizona?

Jeff

Hi Jeff

I only looked at your "..Fall 2007" show so far. Great scenic pictures nice organized and the music fits perfectly. The comments I would make are, keep everything in the horizontal format. The couple of pictures you had as verticals disrupt the flow of the show with the big black areas on each side of the image. Also for me, there are too many pictures of your dog as the main subject, your dog as part of the landscape looks fine.

Just my thoughts

Bert

Hello again, Jeff,

I was excited to download your four latest shows, and they are in keeping with your usual impeccable standards. Some time ago I gained your permission to show one or two of your earlier shows to my camera club, which just blew them (and me!) away with the clarity of image and beauty of music.

Unfortunately PTE doesn't seem too common here in New Zealand, most show makers seem to use other software, probably because of better marketing by the producers.

Our club is in the process of buying a new projector to replace our 8-year-old LCD machine, and I am insisting they buy a wide-screen format DLP machine - then I would like to blow them away again with these latest offerings from you.

BTW, are you still using your 300D, or have you upgraded the camera? The sharpness and almost 3D 'presence' in your images is breathtaking.

Kind regards

Colin

New Zealand

Hello again, Jeff,

I was excited to download your four latest shows, and they are in keeping with your usual impeccable standards. Some time ago I gained your permission to show one or two of your earlier shows to my camera club, which just blew them (and me!) away with the clarity of image and beauty of music.

Unfortunately PTE doesn't seem too common here in New Zealand, most show makers seem to use other software, probably because of better marketing by the producers.

Our club is in the process of buying a new projector to replace our 8-year-old LCD machine, and I am insisting they buy a wide-screen format DLP machine - then I would like to blow them away again with these latest offerings from you.

BTW, are you still using your 300D, or have you upgraded the camera? The sharpness and almost 3D 'presence' in your images is breathtaking.

Kind regards

Colin

New Zealand

Hi Jeff

I only looked at your "..Fall 2007" show so far. Great scenic pictures nice organized and the music fits perfectly. The comments I would make are, keep everything in the horizontal format. The couple of pictures you had as verticals disrupt the flow of the show with the big black areas on each side of the image. Also for me, there are too many pictures of your dog as the main subject, your dog as part of the landscape looks fine.

Just my thoughts

Bert

Hi Bert...thanks for commenting. I understand the portrait landscape image display comment. I don't totally agree and feel quite restricted. In life I view things with big black areas all the time...though granted, they aren't slideshows. I just think of them as tall and or, fat. Anyway, I know the photography rules and see your point.

As for the dog, well, she is part of my family so your comment is like saying "I'd prefer less shots of your kids"...and you can understand my ignoring that comment. Art...maybe not...but I think she is photogenic...and probably a lot more than most peoples' kids. Tongue in cheek, of course.

Jeff

Hello again, Jeff,

Kind regards

Colin

New Zealand

Hey Colin...all the best to you. I'm glad your club enjoyed my earlier shows. It is very kind of you to let me know all went well. Once I post I never know for sure if they are making much of an impact. Of course I always hope they are making a positive impact, but you never know.

Getting a new display machine sounds like a fine idea. I think the club would really get some enjoyment out of it. Wide-screen is the way to go these days...at least for landscape photos.

I've been using the 60D lately, but a few years back I started using the XTI...that was the camera I used for the fall 2007 show. I still think I prefer it to my new 60D. I bought the 60D for video projects that are in low light and for the articulating screen. My back has really gone south in recent years so I need all the help I can get with framing a decent shot.

I recently started organizing my old photos...and I must say, some of my best shots were with the 300D. I recently sold it for next to nothing, but it went to a young photography student so I was very pleased it went to good hands.

Alright Colin. Good to hear from you. Use any of my shows you want for your club purposes. I'm glad you enjoy them. I'll be re-posting more of my earlier shows soon because in the old days I only left them up for a month and now I think they might be looked at once more.

Thanks again,

Jeff

I just wanted to mention that I have a couple new shows...Some Dreams Come True and part two of that show...Journey to Pedestal Alley. Both use PTE 7. Please update your AVG virus software as it will show a false positive if you don't. Many of us have had problems with this...but it has been resolved...so update to the newest AVG 2012.

Happy Trails...and Until That Time...Jeff

Shows are on Beechbrook.Com

Good stuff Jeff. I like your music selections and how well it compliments the mood. Also glad to see you use a little video in your slideshow.

Take care - good to see you out there.

Dave