WnSoft Forums

SKYE LIGHT - New slideshow

Lakelandlass

A very wild week (in the wet and windy sense) on the Isle of Skye, Scotland, late October brought very challenging conditions, keeping upright being one of them. However, managed to grab a few shots of the very transient light we experienced. Taken MAINLY on Skye but I have included just a few taken in Wester Ross on the Scottish mainland, where we also spent a day.

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/downloadfile.asp?id=2002

Thanks as always to Bill at Beechbrook for hosting. www.beechbrook.com/pte

Maureen

Maureen

Wonderful photography. On a personal note I would have liked a slightly longer time between the transitions to view the pictures. I found that by the time I tried to look around at some of the detail it was gone. Otherwise a very good show.

Regards

Paul

Maureen, thanks for making this AV, and show us the beautiful light of the place. For me, as somebody said already, some images moved to fast from the screen for a good look at them. The music was a perfect addition to the atmosphere of the show.

Bert

• 2 weeks later...

Maureen, A very very fine show indeed. The light/reflections and rainbows are magnificent.

There is a local Photographer called Alan Campbell on Skye who is married to my niece/godaughter.

You might like to check out his work. He's very very good.

http://www.woodrising-gallery.co.uk/Pages/About_Alan.html

Andrew

Maureen, A very very fine show indeed. The light/reflections and rainbows are magnificent.

There is a local Photographer called Alan Campbell on Skye who is married to my niece/godaughter.

You might like to check out his work. He's very very good.

http://www.woodrising-gallery.co.uk/Pages/About_Alan.html

Andrew

Hi Andrew - thank you for your comments. We called into Alan's gallery when we were on Skye and he produces some very fine work indeed. I seem to recall he and I had a few words at the time.

Referring to our 'private' correspondence, the weather doesn't look good for tomorrow but we shall hope for the best.

Maureen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Maureen,

I love your AV's! Your photography and treatment of lighting are superb! I have almost the same beamer as Gilio has (a Mitsubishi 5000), and whereas the colours of some AV's look a bit washed-out on a 100-inch screen, compared to what I see on my pc monitor, the colour and highlights in your shows do not deteriorate at all. Maybe a little less intense, but still fantastic! And every image is tack--sharp! Gorgeous work! As my daughter would say, "you rock!"

.............Al

Maureen,

I love your AV's! Your photography and treatment of lighting are superb! I have almost the same beamer as Gilio has (a Mitsubishi 5000), and whereas the colours of some AV's look a bit washed-out on a 100-inch screen, compared to what I see on my pc monitor, the colour and highlights in your shows do not deteriorate at all. Maybe a little less intense, but still fantastic! And every image is tack--sharp! Gorgeous work! As my daughter would say, "you rock!"

.............Al

Bless you, Al, that's very kind of you.

Maureen