WnSoft Forums

Anyone else see this?

PeteC

I think there's a bug in this program which is very hard to pin down, but it's been there for as long as I have been using it (2-3 years). It has occurred for me in all versions. I'm currently using v4.12. It is very intermittent unfortunately, which is why I haven't reported it until now.

After a time previewing images in the Slide List window, you can no longer make selected images in the File List window to the left appear in the image preview area. In other words, the preview area does not change to show images from the File List.

Clicking on the file name highlights the file name, but the image in the Preview area does not change to show the selected file.

Clicking on the image in the preview area shows it against a black background, as if it was selected from the file list, but the image displayed is the one highlighted in the Slide List, not the File List.

If the image in the Slide List is highlighted, then the image plus its background is correctly displayed.

The only answer to this is to shut the program down and restart it. I wish I could say what causes this, but I have never been able to pinpoint it. It can happen very soon after starting the program, or, as now, after 30 mins or more.

Anyone else seeing this?

Pete

Pete,

I havent noticed your issue in my useage. I use W98 and Pte v4.14.

You may want to try the latest final 4.14 version.

(v4.20 is still in beta testing ... some users tend to forget its a beta)

-What version of Windows are you using ?

-Is the issue only on one type image format when selected ( jpg, bmp, gif) ?

No problem noticed or simulated using v.4.20 beta#3 on Windows XP.

Ron [uK}

Pete,

I've noticed this quite often, myself, but have not been able to pin it down either as it is intermittent as you say.

I use Win Me, and have noticed it in every version of PTE since 3.7 at least.

Sorry, I should have mentioned - I'm using XP Pro SP1, but it occurred prior to SP1. It must have also been occurring in Win2000, since I was using that early last year. I've also changed my hardware recently, with no change to the fault.

A couple of respondents also see the problem, so it must be real. It's not a huge problem, more annoying than anything, but it sure is hard to work out what the exact sequence is that causes it. I've just downloaded v4.14, so I'll give that a try and report back.

Cheers,

Pete