WnSoft Forums

Slide Sizing question

cgbraggjr

I know this is not considered Best Practice but I need to display slides at different image sizes in a single show. About half are full screen (1920x1080) and half are smaller. When they are, say 1400x700, that's how I want them to display, but PTE's default is to enlarge slides until either the verticals or horizontals meet the edge of the screen. I can do this slide-by-slide by adjusting the size to 100% but is there a way I can set a parameter so ALL the slides display at 100% by default?

Clicking on SIZE in the SIZE/POSITION box sets the object to 100%.

However you have to do this individually - you cannot do it globally.

P.S. You could possibly write an action in Photoshop which would take all of the smaller images and increase the canvas to 1920x1080 while keeping the image size at its original pixels. The result would be (for instance) your 1400x700 image with a black border making it 1920x1080. You could then drop all of these into your 1920x1080 project without the need for adjustment. The background that you choose could be either Black, White, Mid-Gray, Other Colour or Transparent. If Transparent the SAVE part of the Action would need to be "Save For The Web". Don't forget to include a Convert Colour Profile to sRGB (if appropriate).

Is it less work than clicking on SIZE X number of times? Don't know, but you would only have to make the action once.

Try this one:

Resize Canvas.zip

DG

I was interested in this question as I (wrongly) thought the answer was to tick the box 'Fixed size of slide' in Project Options/ Screen. However when I tried this I realised I did not understand the purpose of this box. In addition I don't fully understand the adjacent box 'Virtual size of slide'. Please can someone clarify for me the meaning of these?

Ray Groome

Virtual Size of Slide:

You can make a slide show the resolution of which is smaller or bigger than your monitor resolution. If you have a 1920x1080 monitor you could make a 1024x768 show for instance.

Fixed Size of Slide:

If you tick this box the show will present itself at the dimensions set in Virtual Size of Slide and will not "upsize" to fit a larger monitor. It will, however, "downsize" to fit a smaller monitor than the size set in Virtual Size of Slide.

DG

I can now see the effect of ticking the box 'Fixed size of slide'. I note, however, that if this box is not ticked and I change the 'virtual size of slide' there is no observable effect when the aspect ratio is retained. Is this what you would expect?

If the box is not ticked, the numbers for 'virtual size of slide' do nothing but fixing the aspect ratio. So in case of running the show, there will not be any difference if you insert 1024x768 or 1400x1050. The only place where these numbers make a difference is when using the size/position tool in the O&A window. Placing images using this tool refers to the virtual size of slide. This procedure came into the game (as a kind of replacement) when WnSoft canceled (the old form of) the so-called original mode, a mode beloved by many French users.

Regards,

Xaver

I'm not sure about the action because I may want to animate some of those runty slides and the large canvas would complicate matters.

Not at all!

If you use the Transparent PNG option the image would float over the background as though it were an image inserted and then SIZE clicked.

Try it?

DG