WnSoft Forums

Highlighted slide after multiple delete in slide list

This is a suggestion about multiple deletes from the Slide List.

After a two or more consecutive slides are deleted from the slide list, the newly highlighted slide is not what one might expect. For example, if I delete slides 11 to 20 (by clicking on 11 then shift-clicking on 20), it would be useful to have the highlight on the new slide 11 (the one immediately after the last deletion, the former slide 20). PTE's present behaviour is to highlight the new slide 20.

This is only a minor irritation when only a few small groups are being deleted. However, the quirky behaviour gets pretty annoying when we're deleting many large groups. In the early stages of a project, I find it convenient to bring many slides into the slide list, then go through from beginning to end, deleting those not wanted. It would be useful to have the highlight on the next candidate for consideration.

I admit that the effect I want can be achieved by clicking the furthest slide first, then shift-clicking the first of the group. However, that's not a convenient way of working.

Ken T. (APLman)

Ken,

I agree, this would be a nice improvement to the way PTE behaves. Your suggestion is going to work fine for a contiguous range of slides, but what about a non-contiguous collection? Which slide should PTE highlight after that deletion? Personally, I think high-lighting the slide prior to the first deleted slide would, again, be a logical way of working.

Peter

Ken,

I agree, this would be a nice improvement to the way PTE behaves. Your suggestion is going to work fine for a contiguous range of slides, but what about a non-contiguous collection? Which slide should PTE highlight after that deletion? Personally, I think high-lighting the slide prior to the first deleted slide would, again, be a logical way of working.

Peter

Peter ... Good to see we're on the same wavelength (again). I believe the slide after the last deletion would be most useful. That would allow convenient working from start to finish. The highlighted slide would be the next one to be considered for deletion.

That way, it would be consistent with the present behaviour for single slide deletion.

Ken T (APLman)

At present time, when deleting a group of slides (contiguous or not), PTE seems to preserve the position of the last slide (temporal order) that has been highlighted for being deleted.

Regards,

Xaver

Yes, that's what I have observed. Not particularly useful - surely by accident rather than by design!

Ken T (APLman)