WnSoft Forums

Stil looking for solution to the thumbnail problem

jcsdmd

I reported this a few days ago and it seems that at least one other person can duplicate it:

Using PTE Beta 4 and creating a .ptev file for import into Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2 creates the following problem for me:

I am unable to change the thumbnail from white block to the frame I have selected for the thumbnail. I have created an .avi file from the same PTE project and do not have the same problem. Is this a bug with PTE or DVD MF2?

I have reinstalled Ulead DVD MF2 and have tried the update patch for MF2 as well. Any other ideas?

Thanks for the link to show the problem. At least I now understand the issue. As to Igor's thought regarding the Trial version - the trial version shows properly when I run it on XP operating system. The trial on my Win98 expired prematurely, so I don't know how it was there.

Does the title frame (thumbnail) ever pick up properly?

Try inserting a .jpg file in your Ulead movie line. See if the thumbnail window will pick that up properly.

When I add anything to the storyline, other than a .ptev file, the thumbnail appears in the preview window. No problems with .avi files created in any software or with a .jpeg. Very Strange. If you look at my other post about this, someone else seemed to have the same problem.

It sounds like then it becomes a curiosity and an annoyance rather than a serious obstacle for you, right? So you can just take a screen capture of any video scene you want and insert it into the thumbnail area. Or, if you are working with a PTE show, you already have any photo already as a jpg. which you can insert. Or, is there other drawbacks or deficiencies that I am not recognizing?

Since I have no problems making a DVD with MF2 using an .avi file, which codec should I use for best results:

VDOnet VDOWave

Cinepak Codec by Radius

Intel Indeo® Video R3.2

Microsoft Video 1

Microsoft RLE

Microsoft H.261 Video Codec

Microsoft H263 Video Codec

Indeo video 5.10

miroVideo DV 300

Intel Indeo Video 4.4

Full Frames (uncompressed)

I have tried the PictureToExe Video codec and the resultant file also causes the thumbnail problem and occasionally causes a crash of MF2.

Another interesting observation:

In Pic to Exe program, when I click the AVI button, specify DVD-video disc for Ulead DVD MovieFactory and when I try to generate an AVI preview, the result crashes windows media player. Also, the presentation is over two minutes long, but the window in Windows Media Player lists the file as 10 seconds long.