WnSoft Forums

TMPGEnc Tutorial

quietstorm

Hello..

I have made a tutorial using PTE and TMPGEnc!

If anyone is interested, here is the link: Tutorial

It has a few step-by-step instructions and hope it is useful!

If you have any questions, I will try to answer them to best of my knowledge ;)

(I will try to answer the same day, if not I will answer ASP..working these 12 hour shifts

at 6 days and has this guy little time to be here or my site :angry: )

Please exuse if it is not a professional tutorial..I made it in about an hour..OK? :)

ENJOY!

Bart

btw...

Resolution is set at 800X600

Personal Note:

Be sure to have your screensaver inactive and maybe your anti-virus to conserve

resources when you are compiling!

Thanks!

I just downloaded it and will recommend you tutorial

The only important moment: why you recommend to disable "Interlaced" option in the AVI dialog in PTE? This option gives SMOOTH transition effects as on PC, but if you turn it off, transition effects won't play smooth.

The only important moment: why you recommend to disable "Interlaced" option in the AVI dialog in PTE? This option gives SMOOTH transition effects as on PC, but if you turn it off, transition effects won't play smooth.

Igor...

By default using TMPEnc, it is "interlaced" and if you double the interlaced..it will flicker in higher

resolution pictures! :)

Bart

Ok, I should explain what "Interlaced video" option means in AVI dialog in PTE. When it enabled, PTE will produce special 50 (60 if NTSC) half-frames in 25 (30 if NTSC) frames of video. Playing of such video makes transition effect terrifically smooth on TV screen. 50 (60) half-frames fully responds to requirements of TV standard. It's absolutely correct video.

So we have AVI video file with interlaced video inside (50 or 60 half-frames per each second). Now we have to say to TMpegEnc that we want convert this AVI file into INTERLACED MPEG2 video, too. So we must to set Video type = "Interlaced" and Field Order = "Bottom field first (Field B)". By default, TMpegEnc doesn't know what is our AVI video - progressive or interlaced and just we say TMpegEnc that we added interlaced AVI and TMpegEnc will mark converted MPEG2 file that it contain interlaced video.

So I very much recommend to set "Interlaced video" in PTE, too.

I have recently added another DVD of both PTE sequences and animations to my' DVD PTE collection' and this time used the TMPGenc encoder and TMPGencDVD author only . I had no problems and the quality on the TV again looked pretty good. I did tick the interlaced box for reasons Igor has already mentioned. It is interesting to note that within the video world the TMPGenc encoder has a high rating (It is frequently praised on the After Effects forum) so I was not surpised at the high quality achieved from PTE sequences. I have now had a chance to check the quality of my DVD versions against direct from the PC on a video projector and although the PC version still has the edge -well you would expect that with a higher resolution etc- it is still very good and a good standby .

Richard Tucker - www.rtfract.com