WnSoft Forums

Manual Pan and Zoom

Hello.

I use mainly PTE as a traditional slide show for lectures, so I generally choose the option "use the key press to jump to the next slide".

Everything is perfect, and I just wonder if it is possible to add the capability to pan and zoom manually on a slide during a lecture, when the show is frozen on the current slide.

Of course I can program pan and zoom before the show, but it would be nice to be able ti do it manually during the show, in order to interact with questions from the audience.

This capability would be needed only for the main object of slide, of course.

Thank you again for all the great job made around PTE.

Hi Tonton,

There is not the "interactive" capability to pan and zoom manually, but for now there is a way to accomplish this by programming "hotspots" using a "frame" and then clicking on the hotspot to "jump" to another slide which has been zoomed to that area. Of course it's definitely not the same as being able to simply zoom and pan as desired, but can be a viable work around as done in my sample here:

http://www.lin-evans...jump/jumpto.zip

Place the mouse cursor over the license plate of the old car and click, or over the driver of the fire wagon, etc. There are at least eight programmed "hot spots" in the photo. Move the mouse cursor until it changes to a hand to find them. To return to the original photo, click on the upper right corner of each zoomed photo.

Best regards,

Lin

There is not the "interactive" capability to pan and zoom manually, but for now there is a way to accomplish this by programming "hotspots" using a "frame" and then clicking on the hotspot to "jump" to another slide which has been zoomed to that area. Of course it's definitely not the same as being able to simply zoom and pan as desired...

Thank you for your help, Lin.

The problem is that I am not always the speaker and I can't guess where the speaker wants to pan and zoom.

When it is predictable, I just insert the document after the slide, pan and zoom by program, and then put the previous slide a second time.

The sequence is :

Slide A – Slide B – Map with automatic Pan and zoom – Slide B – Slide C....

Presently, when it is unpredictable, I open a Picasa Windows, and the speaker is able to pan and zoom through the Map under Picasa, but the two applications must remain open, because the map is a very big document, heavy to load. And the speaker has to jump manually between the two applications.