WnSoft Forums

GO SUB ... RETURN function

Hello.

As a user of PTE in "manual mode", I would like to submit a second request.

It would be nice to get some kind of GO SUB...RETURN function.

For instance, I would like to be able to interrupt a lecture to jump to a map to answer a question, and then go back to the initial slide.

It could be useful also when we build menus.

Thank you again for all the great job made around PTE.

Hi Tonton,

Good idea! Actually, you may already know this, but you "can" do that now if you only have a few things such as a map, etc., which you might like to "jump to" and return. If you use the same version of PTE, or at least create the exe again with the same version, you can use the "Run Slideshow With Return" feature. Just create the map image as a slideshow then use hotspot, button or whatever to link to it with the "run slideshow with return" and after you have worked with the map, end that show and you will be returned to the slide where it was called from the previous show.

EDIT:

I think Tom and I were typing simultaneously - LOL.

Best regards,

Lin

Tonton Bruno,

I would think that the current Customize Windows feature should handle most of your SUB needs. From the main menu ... Project | Customize Windows. You can edit the Help Window or create multiple new Windows to customize.

From the User Guide see page 58 for additional details and various options.

post-45-0-06646800-1327957215_thumb.jpg

If you assign a "hidden" (= 0% opacity) object to a slide, you can then program that object to "Go to Slide name xxx". By doing the same with Slide Name xxx you can program that to return to where it was called from. The programming options are on the Common tab of the Objects and Animation window.

Of the suggestions so far, I think Stu's idea of using the "Window" feature makes the most sense because when you close the window, the show automatically returns to the slide from where is was called. However, after reviewing the information available starting on page 58 of the User's Guide about "how" to use this feature - I'm not certain it is crystal clear for a new user.

You may want to review one of my tutorials from the "Tutorials and Articles" section of the "Frequently Asked Questions" forum link. My tutorial deals with using this feature to pop-up text, but it is actually "easier" to pop-up an image such as a map. Go to #30 in my tutorials from the link below and I think you will quickly get the idea of how this feature works. The important thing to remember is that you must "create" the "window" before you can call it. I demonstrate how to do this in the AVI tutorial #30 here:

http://www.picturest...uously-updated/

Probably, it would be worth doing to create another tutorial specifically on how to pop-up or call an image and return to the calling slide.

EDIT: Jan 31 - I made a tutorial on this - see # 31 on link above....

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you for your help !

Generally, I use a link to an other PTE show when it is possible.

The help window is also something interesting and I will test it.

I will describe you all the context to explain more precisely what I need.

Generally, I am not the speaker.

The speaker is somebody having a very limited knowledge on computers.

Assume the subject of the lecture is "The churches in Paris in the eighteenth century".

The speaker presents a view of a church and then wants to locate it on a map dated of 1735, but also to show it on a contemporary map, or a satellite view, and then go back to the show.

I can easily insert a button, visible or hidden, to go the page help.

Now it is clear for me.

I will put on each slide a "hot spot" in top left and top right of the screen, so the speaker will be able at any time to go to the map, and then go back to the previous slide.

Thank you again for your help.

I will try it and make a report in this file.

Hi Lin.

Your tutorial #31 is very clear and simple to follow.

I tried it and it runs very well !

The good point is that the window help is a PTE slide, with all the capabilities of a standard one. We can put on it several objects and animations.

This will be a great help for me.

Usinf the Esc. key may be dangerous during the show, so I prefer to put an "Eject" button on the window help. This button will be linked to the "close Window" action.

Thank you again,

Bruno

• 1 month later...

One similar function to jump to a specific slide found on PPT :

Type [number of slide] and [Enter] to jump to slide

and why not

Type [N] and [Enter] to show a black screen

Type [F] and [Enter] to mask or not the mouse

It's easy and can respond to some cases mentionned here or manual slideshow.

Vincent