WnSoft Forums

Music and speech

calligrapher

Hi,

I'm preparing a presentation with two pieces of music, one at the beginning and one at the the end. These should play automatically, with the music synchronized to the slides. After the first piece has finished, I will speak whilst projecting slides advanced by mouse-click. After the live speech, I will end with the second sequence of slides synchronized to music. So far I haven't been able to find a way of inserting the second piece of music so that it only starts when I've reached the slide in question. I've tried offsetting the second track, but the live speech isn't precisely timed, so that doesn't seem to be the solution, because the music begins after the offset time, whether I'm ready for it or not. Can anyone advise on how to do this, please?

Thanks,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Put the first music selection in via the Project Options and put the second music selection in via the slide where you want it to begin. Go to the "slide in question" from the Main Screen and select that slide. In the upper right hand corner of the screen click on the speaker icon and choose "Add Sound File." Navigate to the music selection and add it.

Next, click on Project Options and then on the Music Tab. Put click in the block beside "Do Not Interrupt Sound Comments When The Next Slide Appears"

That should do it for you.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi,

I'm preparing a presentation with two pieces of music, one at the beginning and one at the the end. These should play automatically, with the music synchronized to the slides. After the first piece has finished, I will speak whilst projecting slides advanced by mouse-click. After the live speech, I will end with the second sequence of slides synchronized to music. So far I haven't been able to find a way of inserting the second piece of music so that it only starts when I've reached the slide in question. I've tried offsetting the second track, but the live speech isn't precisely timed, so that doesn't seem to be the solution, because the music begins after the offset time, whether I'm ready for it or not. Can anyone advise on how to do this, please?

Thanks,

Robert

Robert,

What you describe can be done. Last year I made a show with six spoken sections controlled by mouse click and six sections with music synchronised to the slides. I added the music by offset as you tried to do. Total length on the timeline 61mins, total time delivered to the audience 1 hour 30 mins. It all worked perfectly.

If I remember correctly (I don't make many of these), I usually set all the project options before adding any slides at all which means that I set "wait for key press to show next slide" and looking back at the project it seems that I also had a tick in the "synchronise music and slides" box. I then add all the slides at equal timings. I next calculated the offsets and added the music tracks and finally went to each slide showing to music and using customise slide changed the time option to "show next slide after indicated time interval". The final job being to run show and fit the slide timings and any animation to the music.

Hope that helps.

Neil

I do this quite often as I use PTE for tutorials.

I just make three shows, the first programmed, then the manual one for the live speaking and then the end part. Its not as though there isn't a gap between all three and I can't help thinking your making things over complicated.

Hi,

Thanks,

Robert

I have five songs, and a spoken piece at the end of the show. It plays PERFECTLY on my computer over PTE every time, but the speaking gets cut short on the burned-to-DVD copy. Shouldn't I be looking at the DVD-burning software for the problem> Re-burning it doesn't get a different result.

Thanks

Doug

Guest Yachtsman1

I have five songs, and a spoken piece at the end of the show. It plays PERFECTLY on my computer over PTE every time, but the speaking gets cut short on the burned-to-DVD copy. Shouldn't I be looking at the DVD-burning software for the problem> Re-burning it doesn't get a different result.

Thanks

Doug

Why not upload the sound track to Mediafire or Dropbox & post the link on here, that way we can possibly see if there is a glitch. If it isn't one piece EG added tracks to different slides & you have everyting in one folder, upload the whole folder. I assume you are using the PTE video-disc builder to produce the DVD?

Yachtsman1.

Doug,

I have five songs, and a spoken piece at the end of the show. It plays PERFECTLY on my computer over PTE every time, but the speaking gets cut short on the burned-to-DVD copy.

First, you must explain a few details about how you configured/incorporated your segment of the "spoken piece at the end of the show"

If any part or segment of the EXE slide show has any manual advanced operation of slides ... the DVD version can not translate an unknown timing of a manual action into a realtime duration.