WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.20 beta #5

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.20 beta #5 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1,4 Mb)

What's new in beta #5:

+ Added "Disable mouse wheel" option (Project options | Advanced tab).

+ Improvements in AVI video dialog:

> Fixed problem with converting of produced AVI video files in Pinnacle Studio.

> Added ability to create video for not synchronized presentations and for presentations without background music.

> Various another improvements.

> Fixed bug with encoding AVI for presentation with WMA music.

p.s. for discussion of AVI video please visit "How to create video" forum.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=1441

Thanks, Igor!

By the way, there are still two other music bugs in the current version of PTE:

1. You fixed MIDI playback in version 4.12 alpha, but I don't remember you adding it to any of the "official" betas.

2. When you add a background music file to the same folder as the PTE project file, it will be recognized even if it has a different folder name. However, if you add an overlay "slide" sound file on the "Sound" line in the main window, it has to be given the correct pathname, or it will not be recognized, even if it is in the same folder as the PTE file.

One other feature which would be extremely useful, especially in the creation of tutorials, would be the ability to have the sound added on the "Sound" line overlap several slides.

Now, the occurrence of the next slide cuts off the sound, whether "Play new background music" is checked or not in the next slide's" customization menu.

New MIDI engine is added since v4.20 beta #1 and later.

This beta #5 also contains that new MIDI engine.

2. Yes, you're right. It's a bug old small bug (3 years!) - PTE should find sound so well as it finds background music in case of changed file path.

One other feature which would be extremely useful, especially in the creation of tutorials, would be the ability to have the sound added on the "Sound" line overlap several slides.

Probably now it can be realized via personal music to slides? But there will be no background music.

Igor:

Thanks for the fix re the mouse scroll wheel. :)

It has been an eye-opener how many people absentmindly play with the wheel when they are watching shows on the computer !!

Probably now it can be realized via personal music to slides? But there will be no background music.

Igor,

That would not be satisfactory. The narrative is supposed to play over the background music, and does so now on single slides. So there has to be a way to keep the background playing when a new slide is activated.

Thanks for fixing the MIDI bug!

Hi Y'all:

Wonder if I'm missing something?? When I try to run a preview of a SVCD show I get a message that unfortunatly I can't use Midi files in AVI. My Midi music runs perfectly with Preview in the regular exe shows but not in AVI.

If it is true that you cannot run Midi in AVI is there a possibility that later updates will include this feature??

TIA Bob..

When I try to run a preview of a SVCD show I get a message that unfortunatly I can't use Midi files in AVI. ............. is there a possibility that later updates will include this feature??

Bob,

MIDI is nothing more than a set of instructions to the video card or external sequencer or keybord or sound module, etc., about what keys to play, how loud, how long, etc.

The "avi" design cannot accommodate these instructions as it works with actual music files such as mp3 or wav. So in order for PTE to pass MIDI "sounds" to the avi file, it would have to have a whole new section in its program for taking the MIDI instructions, passing them through the sound card, and taking the resulting sounds and converting them to a wav or mp3 file. This would be the equivalent of designing PTE to be a sound editor like Cool Edit (Audition), or Gold Wave, etc. The programs which do this are Mega-bytes in size, and cost mega-bucks! B)

I just made a 343 mb vcd with #5 beta, when i played the disk -- one part has just music -- checked the folder and the sure enough i had used the avi file instead of the mpg file that i had made of the avi. So i did another exe to video, converted it to a mpeg 1 again clicked the finish button of the p2e proggie and the avi did not disappear as it did with previous beta's by design.

so what is going on Igor?? :angry:

--- all is not lost as i still have all the mpg-1's ready to burn with nero 5.5 but am whipped - - been all morning doing this and have to rest now, :ph34r:

ken

• 2 weeks later...