WnSoft Forums

The Rose

Lin Evans

Couldn't sleep tonight so.....

http://www.lin-evans...ose/therose.zip (5 meg Win PC)

http://www.lin-evans.../therosemac.zip (5 meg MacIntosh)

Just a side note - the atom is one of Magnesium with a dozen planetary electrons which is vital to Rose health. The background is a fractal representing the fractal nature of our universe and the transparent cube represents the invisibility of nature's delivery system which furnishes the Rose with life sustaining magnesium via the frenzy of atomic energy.

And if you buy all this, you're as wacky and sleep deprived as I was when I made my notes on it! LOL

Lin

Hi Dom,

Too much coffee yesterday, I guess - LOL

Here's the zip:

http://www.lin-evans.org/rose/therosepte.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Hypnotic ! I really like it. You should have insomnia more often... ;-)

Are you ready to share your PTE project online, I would like to add global animations and change the background.

Or can you send it to thedom @ thedom.fr ?

Hey Colin,

Thanks! It was that "bunny/chicken" thing that got me into dreamland - LOL

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

I really enjoyed your presentation. May I make a suggestion? Watch your work of art if you are battling to get to sleep. :D

I agree with thedom, it can be hypnotic. Very creative.

Regards,

Colin

Lin -

when I can't get to sleep, I get back up and work on fractals. Like your animation.

Greg

Hi Dom,

Looks great with the rising sun behind! It can be problematic to loop, so I usually make the start of the cube at zero, zero degrees and stay with even increments of 360 degrees for a given time frame. That way it's usually possible to copy and paste the slide with linear motion and no transition, so the next slide begins uninterrupted from the identical position of the end of the first or previous slide.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin.

I updated your project. I wanted to be a tribute for the tragedy in Japan last year... but unfortunately it's too much work to make the unique slide loopable.

So it's only one minute long. Sorry.

Hi Greg,

Thanks! Fractals can be addictive - I'm usually pretty sleepy by the time I play with them for a few hours!! LOL

Best regards,

Lin

Lin -

when I can't get to sleep, I get back up and work on fractals. Like your animation.

Greg

Hi Robert,

LOL - Thanks!! I'm having fun playing with non-serious things. This gives me a break from discussing Coyotes with Craig on Facebook. Craig is an old college friend whom I stayed with for six weeks on my 8000 mile trip in 2010. He's a "dyed in the wool" Vermont boy who is newly "semi-retired) with finally some time on his hands. We share a passion for Malamutes (I used to raise, train and race sled teams) and we can spend hours in friendly arguments about dogs, wolves, coyotes and politics - LOL. I'm trying to get him interested in PTE and I think when he finally completely retires (military) he will join us here on the forum.

Best regards,

Lin

I always did contend that you could do everything PTE in your sleep!

Well done, thank you.