WnSoft Forums

WHICH OPTION FOR MAKING MANY DVD's

JEB

Hi Folks,

I am looking for some BASIC advice regarding converting PTE shows for use on TV.

I have been doing this from time to time for my own use using the "DVD-Video Disc" option under the"Publish" key.

I have been asked to produce multiple copies of a sequence on DVD which lasts for about 20 minutes and takes at least that length of time to convert to DVD using the PTE process, so the thought of making 15 to 20 copies fills me with utter dread. Is there a quicker way?

I have no idea what AVI and MP4 are nor if either of those are what I am producing when I make a DVD as described above.

I have shied away from DVD up till now,mainly because, judging by the debate that takes place on the forum, it appears to be filled with issues and problems that I would rather avoid. It now seems I have to bite the bullet!

Please keep your suggestions as simple as possible!!!

Slowly, slowly catchy monkey!!

Regards

John

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Folks,

I am looking for some BASIC advice regarding converting PTE shows for use on TV.

I have been doing this from time to time for my own use using the "DVD-Video Disc" option under the"Publish" key.

I have been asked to produce multiple copies of a sequence on DVD which lasts for about 20 minutes and takes at least that length of time to convert to DVD using the PTE process, so the thought of making 15 to 20 copies fills me with utter dread. Is there a quicker way?

I have no idea what AVI and MP4 are nor if either of those are what I am producing when I make a DVD as described above.

I have shied away from DVD up till now,mainly because, judging by the debate that takes place on the forum, it appears to be filled with issues and problems that I would rather avoid. It now seems I have to bite the bullet!

Slowly, slowly catchy monkey!!

Regards

John

Hi John

I have made almost a thousand copies of exe shows using PTE's create a DVD system. Once the master is made I have used copying software to create the items that were then sold for charity. Once the master is made, I was able to copy each disc in about 20 minutes for a one hour DVD, the last software I used was Nero, which I had installed on my latest PC. You can obtain free software to do the job, but there is usually a time limit.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

John,

If your PC has third party DVD burning software that can burn/import ISO files ... use VideoBuilder to create just an ISO file (no other selections). Burn the ISO file to DVD with your third party DVD burning software using its multiple copies feature.

* The ISO file will be a complete exact image of the disc.

* VideoBuilder will burn ISO files to DVD ... but it doesnt have multiple copy function/features, only single copy.

* If you happen to have third party software that can load and prewiew ISO images ... you can actually playback the ISO file to see how the finished DVD looks before burning.

This is due to fact that each time you produce a DVD with VideoBuilder ... the video encoding processes and the burn process is repeated for each DVD copy. With ISO files the video encoding processes are not repeated ... only the burn process is repeated for each DVD.

Thanks All,

I felt sure there must be a simple way of doing it. My task for today though its such a nice day here I also want to get out and take some pictures I need for a new project I have in mind. Decisions, decisions .... it was never like this when I was earning my living!!! I wish!!!

Regards

John

Hi Folks,

Partial success, I downloaded a trial of Nero, made a short PTE sequence, used the PTE Video Builder and burned a DVD. I then made a copy using Nero and both worked on my TV DVD player.

I then made a DVD of a 22 minute PTE sequence, checked it on my TV / DVD where it worked. However it failed to copy with Nero, indicating a fault in reading the master DVD. I will try again using a different manufacturers DVD.

I have used this method rather than the ISO method as nowhere could I find in the Video Builder any reference to ISO - please advise a novice who is becoming quite frustrated with this whole process!!!!

John

John,

I have used this method rather than the ISO method as nowhere could I find in the Video Builder any reference to ISO - please advise a novice who is becoming quite frustrated with this whole process!!!!

Its actually rather simple ... Use VideoBuilder just as you would make a DVD but only select the ISO checkbox. See create_ISO.jpg attachment.

* If your third party software doesnt support burning ISO files ... use VideoBuilder from its main menu File | Burn ISO Image. See burn_Iso.jpg attachment.

* If you have Media Player Home Cinema ... you can playback the ISO file like a DVD movie.

I then made a DVD of a 22 minute PTE sequence, checked it on my TV / DVD where it worked. However it failed to copy with Nero, indicating a fault in reading the master DVD. I will try again using a different manufacturers DVD

You may need to check the Trial limations of the Nero software.

post-45-0-23188200-1333628179_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-23162700-1333628190_thumb.jpg

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Folks,

Partial success, I downloaded a trial of Nero, made a short PTE sequence, used the PTE Video Builder and burned a DVD. I then made a copy using Nero and both worked on my TV DVD player.

I then made a DVD of a 22 minute PTE sequence, checked it on my TV / DVD where it worked. However it failed to copy with Nero, indicating a fault in reading the master DVD. I will try again using a different manufacturers DVD.

John

I used DVD R discs, could be the Nero trial has expired. When I used free software I was able to fool it by putting say 100 in the "how many copies box", making say 10 then going back later & making another 10 of the 100 until I had the amount I needed.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Once the ISO file is created, just double click (DC) on it.

If any of your Burning sofwares support it - it will open up the required module.

e.g. on my laptop DC on an ISO brings up the ROXIO Burn Image Module. On my Desktop DC brings up the CyberLink Burn Disc Image Module.

DG

Good morning,

Thank you all very much for your very helpful advice. I managed to get the number of copies I required for last night produced. I stuck with the copy master disc method and changed from a Sony DVD to Maxell which worked very smoothly. A colleague also helped out with his PC and between us we got all the copies we required for the evening. Sussed out Nero.

I will be away from my desk for a week but on my return I plan to suss out the Sony disc issue (I suspect it was a one off isolated fault I encountered). I also plan to explore the ISO method on my return.

Is there any advantage of one method over the other?

In the meantime thank you all once again.

Regards

John