WnSoft Forums

Journey to the Lake District

Igor

Journey to the Lake District (2:19)

I visited the Lake District (England, Cumbria) in just before the international festival in Cirencester (England) in September of 2010. I spent 6 wonderful days in this amazing location together with my friends - Maureen and Robert Albright.

They showed me the most beautiful places in the Lake District and I can say that we were lucky with the weather. I climbed the mountains several times with Robert and I got great pictures. I didn't expect that I can find such stunning beauty in England. Many thanks for Maureen Albright and Robert Albright for their hospitality!

Please excuse quality of my camera, I used Canon IXUS 100IS (shame for me as the photographer!) because I can't carry heavy DSLR camera in mountains.

Executable file (22 MB)

16:9 version:
http://www.wnsoft.com/files/picturestoexe/slideshows/Journey-to-the-Lake-District.exe

4:3 version:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27544810/slideshows/Journey-to-the-Lake-District_4-3.zip

YouTube version, 1080p:
(But I recommend watch the executable file for the best quality)

Hi Igor,

There is no need to apologize for the camera - those are beautiful images in every way! What a wonderful place to visit, so serene and peaceful. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and thank Robert and Maureen for showing you one of the most beautiful places in the U.K.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for your feedbacks!

Paul, I wish you wonderful trip!

Indeed the Lake District is only 25 x 25 miles area, but it much larger inside than it looks outside.

For far trips I purchased the better compact camera now - Canon Powershot S100. I'll tell more in a separate topic in the "Equipment and Software" forum.

J'ai beaucoup apprecié ce court reportage, je pense qu'il est important de montrer les courtes réalisations car cela peut inspirer et inciter les photographes a

travailler sur PTE.

En tout cas merci pour ces souvenirs en compagnie de Maureen et Robert Albright que j'ai l'occasion de rencontrer en Suisse et en France

ps

Igor

...Une excellente réalisation pour la faire participer a notre www.challengediaporama321.com :rolleyes::D;)

Hello Igor,

A splendid AV from the creator of this super software. A gentle sequence showing this wonderful part of our lovely country. So glad that you have had the opportunity to experience walking on the fells.

And there is nothing wrong with your little camera.

Anthony

Hi Igor,

Thanks for reminding me of our two wonderful trips to the Lakes. Very familiar views, expertly taken and converted into a super show. Isn't Wast Water the most wonderful place in a wonderful area.

There is a lot of praise in this thread, and that's fine! But, will it be allowed to make a critical remark? So let me try to make a remark regarding the soundtrack. The music (The Healing Waves by Richard Goldsworthy) has been nicely synchronized with the transitions (in most cases). But I am not that happy with the finale. To me it sounds stalled or truncated. A possible solution might be to start fading out earlier, and having a final black screen for a few seconds. Another way which I would regard as promising would be to work out the synchronization from the end backwards to the start, starting the music with a fade in, and have the music's real end at the end of the show.

Best regards,

Xaver

Igor

That is a great slideshow which says such a lot, purely down to its simplicity. It shows that you don't need masses of expensive, heavy and complicated photographic equipment to produce stunning results.

What could be better than just going out for a walk, with a camera in your pocket, and taking a few photos; then putting together a slideshow just like this, as a record of a great day out with friends.

This slideshow will now give you a whole lifetime of memories, it can be passed on to others, and its will say something about the person who made it.

I believe that it is easy to get bogged down into thinking that photography is about producing camera club winning photos, when actually not many people who own a camera, are members of camera clubs.

I do believe that large, pin sharp high resolution images can be stunning, but they are not a means to an end, and people have lives outside this level of exclusivity. This slideshow shows what can be done, by getting back to some basics.

I am really taken in by the gently animated fames, which again say everything by their simplicity. As humans we are attracted to movement; the very gentle zoon and pan, just brings into the frame an additional interest, mirroring what we do with our own eyes (I wish someone who's good at this would write a simple tutorial), so it holds our interest an extra second or so.

The titling, the music and quotes, again, keeping things simple and holding the whole things together.

Thank you for sharing this with us.