WnSoft Forums

Timeline Position Using Shift+End

xahu34

I sometimes want to shift the transition point of a particular slide using the mouse while leaving the slide's duration invariant. I do this by highlighting the slide in the timeline view, pressing Shift+End (in order to highlight the slide and all the following ones), and dragging the slide's blue flag. The problem is, that after pressing Shift+End the timeline shows the position of the show's very last slide, and I have to use the scroll bar to go back to my original slide. This is not that comfortable :(

Regards,

Xaver

I sometimes want to shift the transition point of a particular slide using the mouse while leaving the slide's duration invariant. I do this by highlighting the slide in the timeline view, pressing Shift+End (in order to highlight the slide and all the following ones), and dragging the slide's blue flag. The problem is, that after pressing Shift+End the timeline shows the position of the show's very last slide, and I have to use the scroll bar to go back to my original slide. This is not that comfortable :(

Regards,

Xaver

=========================

Xaver,

You have been reading my mind. I second that. Would it be nice for the scroll bar to return to the original slide after doing a Shift+End. Igor just fixed a similar problem that I was having with the scroll bar with the highlighted slide not returning to the timeline window when you close O&A. This is a similar problem. Hope he will fix this too.

Gary

Xaver,Igor,

Thanks, but it's a standard behavior of the program in the timeline as well as in the slide list. Same in Windows Explorer. I'm not sure that we should change this

Possibly a right-click option added to the Slide List view/ Timeline view that would lock/unlock the normal scroll view movement behaviour ? The option would have to be somewhat convenient for quick access/change for the useability to benefit those users who work with large count lists when needed.

* I know added features/options make the program more complicated. But if users what more features and options ... so rises the complexity and all the things they may need to learn and remember.