WnSoft Forums

STREETS AND CANALS OF VENICE

A four night stay in Venice in March this year - in excellent weather - resulted in a great many images. In this A/V I have tried to show a 'quieter' Venice, away from the usual very busy hotspots.

Just plain and simple with no animation this time. Keyboard control allowed. www.beechbrook.com/pte with grateful thanks to Bill Hines as always.

Maureen

Maureen,

A beautiful and colourful presentation of a city steeped in charm and it certainly looks like you covered a large area of the city in the

few days you were there. I loved your shots of the reflections of the buildings in the water.

Another keeper to add to my collection.

Thaks for sharing,

Colin

Hi Maureen.

Thank for another great show with great exposures, reflections, colour saturation, and tack sharp from front to back although i am not sure about the first piece of music.

Thank you once again.

Rick

Maureen:

Just enjoyed your Venice Show. Very nice as all your shows have been. The music worked well, you arranged for the weather to behave itself and to provide nice lighting for you. I especially like the few early evening shots. The canals seemed to be well below their high water marks which was good to see given some of the stories we are hearing about flooding in Venice.

Thx for the show

Hello Maureen

Great and warm pictures.

A very quiet and intimist stroll through Venice.

From my personnal point of view, your music choice doesn't match the quality and mood of your shots... but taste and colors ...

Thank you very much for sharing

Patrick

Thanks to all of you for your generous comments. I am glad I've made you happy at last, Ken. I thought I would give you time to grab your specs!

Rick and Patrick - I was interested in your comments about the music as this selection was definitely NOT the music I had in mind when putting together the a/v. However, the original piece was short and the actual recording was faulty. However, I spent many hours trying to join and end it satisfactorily but failed miserably. I even enlisted the help of my husband who didn't like the music anyway. In the end, we gave up and I decided to look for something else.

I have uploaded the a/v with the ORIGINAL choice of music to http://mediafire.com/?45tz4z4kx854t3h

and would be interested to hear if you think it works better.

Once again, thank you.

Maureen

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Maureen

Downloaded your show from Mediafire. The pictures were stunning, the reflection shots in particular. My day in Venice was around 30 years ago & I swore I would go back one day. I agree about the music comments & have been searching for something I thought may have been suitable, but like you couldn't find it. I was looking for the theme to a TV series from way back called "Venice is Sinking", but can't find it. It is a Vivaldi style baroque piece, however it would be too fast for your show at its current pace. One dodgy shot I picked out was the "leaning tower of Venice". ;)

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Maureen

Downloaded your show from Mediafire. The pictures were stunning, the reflection shots in particular. My day in Venice was around 30 years ago & I swore I would go back one day. I agree about the music comments & have been searching for something I thought may have been suitable, but like you couldn't find it. I was looking for the theme to a TV series from way back called "Venice is Sinking", but can't find it. It is a Vivaldi style baroque piece, however it would be too fast for your show at its current pace. One dodgy shot I picked out was the "leaning tower of Venice". ;)

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Eric - thanks for your comments and particularly thinking about the music. Bye the way, that tower really DOES lean.

Maureen

Maureen:

My 2¢ on the music. I know how very hard it is to find music that works with a presentation, and music makes a large impact on the show.

As I mentioned above I liked the music of the version on Bill Hines' "Cottage". When I watched the original I found it quite slow and the synching with the images did not seem to work nearly as well.

Yes I might have gone looking for Vivaldi, or similar, and might well still be looking.....

Maureen:

My 2¢ on the music. I know how very hard it is to find music that works with a presentation, and music makes a large impact on the show.

As I mentioned above I liked the music of the version on Bill Hines' "Cottage". When I watched the original I found it quite slow and the synching with the images did not seem to work nearly as well.

Yes I might have gone looking for Vivaldi, or similar, and might well still be looking.....

Jim - thank you very much for that. I think I will stick with the one I sent to Bill after all. As you say, it synchs better. The choice won't be as hard for my 'popular' Venice which I'm just trying to get my head around. Thanks again.

Maureen

Hello Maureen

I find the mediafire version of your AV much better as the first one.

The "mood" of this second music fits better the warm colors and quiet atmosphere of your photos.

To be honest however, I find it this time slightly too nostalgic or even a little bit too sorrowful .... but it will be the version I will keep.

Just for fun, we are staying since midday somewhere in the Black Forest with 2 of our grandchilds (4 and 6 years old) for a week stay as our daughter and our son in law arrived this afternoon ... in Venice for a 5 day stay to mark there 8th wedding anniversary and my son in law's anniversary.

I used your slideshow to show to my grandchilds where there parents stay ... and they stood stucked on the PC screen until the end of the show! .... They want us now to bring them there the next time we go with them on hollyday .... your slideshows will become very expensive for us :-)

Best regards

Patrick

I love very much your photos , Maureen ; great warm colors , and out of the usual and well known sites . Ones in north part of the city ?

For the music .... I prefer the second one , but perhaps too nostalgic for me too .... But Venice is Venice .

Very pleasant slide show !

Patrick must do a slide show with his grandchilds and colorated ice creams in Venice in the summer ...( I know he loves icecreams too :P ) .Surely a handling problem to do both things ...

Maureen

I very much like you're a 'quieter' Venice; while places like Marco square are quite stunning, there are a host of little gems within walking distance out of the tourist parts.

Great slideshow, as usual, nice sharp images with bags of impact. I did notice how well you have controlled the converging verticals in some quite confined space, really stands out when photographing buildings.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Hello Maureen

I find the mediafire version of your AV much better as the first one.

The "mood" of this second music fits better the warm colors and quiet atmosphere of your photos.

To be honest however, I find it this time slightly too nostalgic or even a little bit too sorrowful .... but it will be the version I will keep.

Just for fun, we are staying since midday somewhere in the Black Forest with 2 of our grandchilds (4 and 6 years old) for a week stay as our daughter and our son in law arrived this afternoon ... in Venice for a 5 day stay to mark there 8th wedding anniversary and my son in law's anniversary.

I used your slideshow to show to my grandchilds where there parents stay ... and they stood stucked on the PC screen until the end of the show! .... They want us now to bring them there the next time we go with them on hollyday .... your slideshows will become very expensive for us :-)

Best regards

Patrick

Patrick - thank you for taking the trouble to watch the show again, this time with different music and much appreciate your comments. How nice you were able to show your grandchildren where their parents are staying but hope it won't prove too expensive for you.

Thanks again - Maureen

Maureen

I very much like you're a 'quieter' Venice; while places like Marco square are quite stunning, there are a host of little gems within walking distance out of the tourist parts.

Great slideshow, as usual, nice sharp images with bags of impact. I did notice how well you have controlled the converging verticals in some quite confined space, really stands out when photographing buildings.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

DavyC, Daniel and Morturn - thanks for your comments. Venice is certainly a very photogenic place.

Maureen

Hello Maureen

As usual superb photography and beautiful capture of the light.

I have been in Venice ,but in mid summer and the light is nowhere as subtle as you have managed here.

Snapcam

What a beautiful presentation Maureen. About three years a go I went to see the Venice Carnival and did come back with many photo's of the famous tourist areas which every one wants to visit and take photo's of. However, you've done the opposite, searched the hiden Venice and come away with images to enable you to produce an outstanding visual presentation.

Paul

What a beautiful presentation Maureen. About three years a go I went to see the Venice Carnival and did come back with many photo's of the famous tourist areas which every one wants to visit and take photo's of. However, you've done the opposite, searched the hiden Venice and come away with images to enable you to produce an outstanding visual presentation.

Paul

Snapcam and Paul

I think for various reasons Spring is a good time to visit, not least because it isn't as busy nor is it too hot and provided the weather plays ball, the light can be nice.

I have kept a few shows on Venice in carnival time which I downloaded from the French site. Some of them are superb work.

Thanks to you both for your comments.

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

I can't disagree with any of the above with regard to the images.

The colours are really superb - you'd think that those Italians would tidy up some of the cabling on he outsides of their buildings - you wouldn't see that in the Tyrol!

You said in your intro - "no animations" - I did miss seeing some subtle zooms or pans and believe that they would have added a little extra to this lovely documentary of the streets of Venice.

As always, it's in my "Lakeland Lass" folder.

Well done.

DG

Hi Maureen,

Just downloaded the Venice AV. I thought it was splendid. I haven't been there since my European hitch hiking days of 1970 and have always wanted to return. I will one day.

I believe this might just be your first AV where one can pause and linger longer over the images? Thank you for that.

Anthony