WnSoft Forums

Keyboard Shorcut(s)

denwell

Is there a keyboard shortcut to access the 'Change image file' function in PTE?

I have several hundred images to be replaced in several projects due to resizing existing sequences to 16:9 AR.

Or maybe there's an even quicker way to point PTE to these new images - all placed in a separate folder but named the same as the existing images.

On a wider note - is there yet a complete list of keyboard shorcuts available?

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Den

I went through the same process earlier this year. Changed about 30 shows to 16-9 AR. I don't think there are any short cuts, I had to start from scratch with the original raw images. I actually enjoyed it as my editing & PTE techniques had improved from the originals.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Den,

If you are confident using Notepad, you can do a "global change" edit of the .pte file to change the paths for the image files. The PTE project file is just a standard text file as far as the format of its contents is concerned (i.e. just like a .txt file). Obviously it would be prudent to take a copy of the .pte file first!

regards,

Peter

Or maybe there's an even quicker way to point PTE to these new images - all placed in a separate folder but named the same as the existing images.

As long as your new images have identical names, and are placed in a single folder, you may outsmart PTE. Put a copy of your project file (*.pte) into that folder. Then temporarily change the name of the original folder (or of some folder along the paths to the images). Then open the pte-file in your new folder, and save it. This pte-project should now use the new images. Rename the folder mentioned above.

Another way to go: Make a zip-backup of your original project, and extract it to some new folder. Delete the images in that new folder and put in your new images. Open the project file in the new folder and save it.

I must say that PTE should provide a better support in situations of that kind

Regards,

Xaver

Thanks All.

On balance I think Dave's suggestion has merit - I remember doing something along those lines a long time ago.

Eric - Yes I also feel that a revisit to earlier images is useful as it does bring newly acquired skills to a re-edit.

I have easily, losslesly, batch cropped my original 3:2 images (with no additional photo-editing needed!)so a simple transfer to extracted zip backups of my original sequences is easy.

Peter - Feasible but it's a huge file!

Xaver - A similar solution to Dave's and one which I've just tested out. It works (of course) and the job should now be done quickly. I like both of your suggestions.

I do have the user guide with shortcuts but cannot see any connected with 'Change image file'. This is not a problem now!

Thanks for all the advice.