WnSoft Forums

FLORENCE

Ah, the old question, is it A.V.

At the risk of awakening B.B.down under here is my tuppence worth.

A slide show is a set of disperate images with a piece of music of which we see many.

On the other hand an A.V. is a set of images with a theme, the presentation has a progression or sequence that takes the viewer through the images in an orderly fashion

using various techniques. Again I mention the sequence of the telephone images (lovely). The presentation will come to an end not leaving the viewer hanging in limbo.

In my opinion that describes Maureen's 'Florence' A.V.

Snapcam

Absolutely not.

The RPS introduced an LRPS distinction in 'Photo Harmony'for exactly that.

The requirment was for the images to have a theme and the sequence to have a structure.

The idea was to introduce and encourage photographers into A.V.

Snapcam

I suppose my point is that since this forum doesn't differentiate between "Slideshows with music" and "AV" then all this prattling on about whether a particular presentation is one or the other is totally irrelevant?

If the people to whom it matters so much were to really care then I think that they should petition for a seperate "AV" section, but that would be a little "elitist" don't you think?

I just enjoy them and it matters not if they have narration or not.

Slideshows vs Documentaries.

IMHO and all that - other opinions are available.

DG

DG,

The prattling as you put it was in answer to another post taking a sideswipe at Maureen's fine A.V./Slideshow. 'You pays your money and you makes your choice'.

I don't care what its called provided it entertains me.

However, if I think something can be improved and the author asks for comments I will offer.It's like judging comments if it makes sense, take it on board if not ignore it.

I find my trouble with slideshows nowadays is that I keep breaking the mounts trying to get them into the C.F. slot on the computer :D

Truce?

Snapcam

Snapcam,

You must have some sort of persecution complex?

Nothing that I said here was directed in any way, shape or form at you!!!!!!

Just because my post followed yours it was not necesarily in answer to yours.

Please read again and if you are still of the opinion that I was getting at you (when in fact I was supporting both yourself and Maureen) then I will delete all of my posts in this thread.

I might do it anyway.

Best wishes,

DG

No need Dave, I just thought we were having a discussion on a subject that comes up regularly.

You question e.g. regarding the RPS clarified a misapprehension by some.

And I'm not paranoid, I just think everyone's against me :D

Its good to talk.

Snapcam

Reading all the posts from above, I must admit that I've made a mistake. I should have followed Lin Evan's advice:

... Unless the poster is asking specifically for comments or criticism on how to improve the presentation, it's probably best to say something nice or say nothing at all ...

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Maureen

Great lights, superb point of views, very sharp shots, excellent framing, great choice of subjects (people, monuments, street, etc).

Your

- A/V

- slideshow

- jpeg + ogg (or mp3) assortment

- collection of images in a slideshow with background music

- exe file

- or whatever the name you or others will give it

... is absolutey superb.

Continue to share with us your bunches of images sprinkled with music (don't miss lift music... I love it!). It is always a delight for my peepers!

Ah sorry, there is a very big issue in your A/V, slideshow, collection of... the mouse cursor is not hidden and as I am nervous and stucked on my screen with my right hand holding my mouse, the cursor pops up from time to time. A pity!

Patrick

Many, many thanks for sharing

Patrick

Hi Maureen

Great lights, superb point of views, very sharp shots, excellent framing, great choice of subjects (people, monuments, street, etc).

Your

- A/V

- slideshow

- jpeg + ogg (or mp3) assortment

- collection of images in a slideshow with background music

- exe file

- or whatever the name you or others will give it

... is absolutey superb.

Continue to share with us your bunches of images sprinkled with music (don't miss lift music... I love it!). It is always a delight for my peepers!

Ah sorry, there is a very big issue in your A/V, slideshow, collection of... the mouse cursor is not hidden and as I am nervous and stucked on my screen with my right hand holding my mouse, the cursor pops up from time to time. A pity!

Patrick

Many, many thanks for sharing

Patrick

Patrick - Thank you. I am very grateful for your kind comments on both my 'Florence' and 'Siena' shows and I have now made a note to (hopefully) remind me in future to hide the cursor. Thank you for pointing this out to me.

With best wishes

Maureen