WnSoft Forums

Relative and Absolute Keyframes

davegee

Igor,

Would it be possible to offer Relative and Absolute options when cloning keyframes?

If the Relative Option were used then moving the original (Absolute) keyframe would result in all clones moving by the same amount.

If the Absolute Option is were chosen then the cloned keyframe would remain in its position regardless of any changes made to the position of the original.

Perhaps a refinement would be to be able use Ctrl + Click on a keyframe to change it from a Relative Keyframe to an Absolute Keyframe.

Colour coding: Blue for an original (or Absolute) Keyframe and Red for a Relative Keyframe.

DG

• 4 months later...

I can see what you are saying and it could be very useful.

But maybe simpler for Igor to program could be just to allow multiple selection as with slides.

CTRL click to select multiple individual keyframes & Click on first then Shift Click on last to select an adjacent group.

It is a standard windows function & really would make life so much easier.

I have a sequence with some very complicated keyframes, in groups and I need to shorten the overall time.

I am dreading trying to do it as it will take forever to move all the individual keyframes on all the objects!! :(/>

Being able to select groups & move them as a block is something that is essential in my opinion.

Jill

• 2 weeks later...

...I have a sequence with some very complicated keyframes, in groups and I need to shorten the overall time.

I am dreading trying to do it as it will take forever to move all the individual keyframes on all the objects!! :(/>/>/>/>

Being able to select groups & move them as a block is something that is essential in my opinion.

Jill

Jill,

I suggest you to try this tool OAK.

See Here post #14.

This product has not been tested extensively, but it works well in many cases. So try it using a copy of your project.

On the window, bottom/left, two buttons allow expansion or compression of all intervals between all the keypoints of all objects (proportionally).

Factor compression/expansion is expressed as a percentage. Returning to PTE you must just change the duration of the slide.

You can also see that the selection of multiple keypoints according to the Windows style is possible (CTRL + click, SHIFT + click).

We can then move them simultaneously.

post-1832-0-73391900-1359217445_thumb.jp

Regards

Jean-Claude

Jill,

My suggestion would obviate the selection process.

If you create what I call an "absolute" Key Frame and add "relative" Key Frames to that Absolute Key frame then the result is exactly the same. You will have created a "Group".

Without having to make the selection, if you move the Absolute Key Frame all of the relatives move by exactly the same amount - without the need for selection.

I also suggested a colour scheme so that the "group" can be identified.

I can't envisage circumstances where you would have an Absolute Key Frame in the middle of a "group" but it would cater for this eventuality as well.

DG

My answer to Jill was to propose a solution to enable to easily shortening the duration of a slide with many objects with many keypoints.

Concerning the selection of multiple keypoints, linking several keypoints in the same set, your proposal is operational except on two points.

Once a clone is attached to an "absolute keypoint", how to detach it? This is still needed. Why complicate once again the O&A module by creating two kinds of keypoints?

The process of selection/deselection of Windows solved the problem for a long time and in general all the software follow it, which provide a high degree of coherence to Windows applications.

post-1832-0-00884100-1359282807_thumb.jp

But you'll see also that i've implemented with OAK a feature similar to yours with the notion of label. This does not alter the normal behavior of O&A. You use it or not.

You can create several labels on the line label. A label can be bound (and unbound) to keypoints belonging to multiple objects.

When you move a label the associated keypoints move with it.

Labels can also be imported from Audacity (free sound editor) enabling synchronization of multi-objects with the soundtrack (in the absence of waveform in O&A).

post-1832-0-81429900-1359282821_thumb.jp