WnSoft Forums

v750 French language : some suggestions

Picsel

Since the new v750bx, there are some little inconsistencies with the french language

1) Timeline

Timeline is translated as "Synchronisation" on the button of the right bottom toolbar

and as "Ligne de temps" inside Parameters/Preferences.

It would be better to keep "Ligne de temps" everywhere.

post-6446-0-99242200-1347630188_thumb.jp

However, in order to be coherent with other AV makers wordings, "Timeline" should have been translated as "Table de montage" (even if it is not exactly the case today, as it is not yet possible to drag and drop objects on the "Timeline")

But in this case "Slide list" should have been translated as "Liste des vues"

2) Publish

Publish is translated as "Publier" on the toolbars buttons except in the main menu where it remains "Créer"

It would be better to keep "Publier" everywhere.

post-6446-0-05007300-1347630545_thumb.jp

Daniel

There are several historic and practical reasons for some of these inconsistencies, and I agree that there's still a need for improvement as illustrated by your two examples.

I have also to "synchronize" with Jean-Charles (Charlie / Aginum) in order to not make his excellent book obsolete (and disturb the readers), which we do almost permanently.

The release of version 7.5 provides an excellent opportunity to do these changes since Jean-Charles will have to make many changes in his book.

I'll send you a modified file of the French version very soon.

Thank you for your input :)

[added later:]

I've sent you the modified French text; Aginum has already approved these changes.

As I said in my PM, you could also contribute directly to the French forums, Diapositif and/or Diaporamaforum; it would probably be more efficient since Aginum and me are very active members of these forums; it would also have the advantage to associate French PTE users with the proposed changes... and it wouldn't take useless viewing time for the English-speaking community here.

Thank you for taking into account my suggestions and for your proposal,

as you know, up to now, I was also very active member in the PTE section of 1colibri.com forum, another french forum whose aim is to help AV show makers, specially beginners, and give them not only multilanguages videos tutos, but also tools and guidelines for building up and hosting their own Internet sites dedicated to AV and photography. Sorry but it is difficult for me to share my time between several fora.

In any case, I consider and let him know that Charlie (Aginum) 's book is of outstanding quality, and if I can help him, in any way, that will be with pleasure.

Daniel

...and it wouldn't take useless viewing time for the English-speaking community here.

Not entirely useless, Gérard! As you know, I have found that it can be useful to use the French translations as a means of identifying possible improvements to the English terms used within PicturesToExe.

regards,

Peter