WnSoft Forums

Video for iPad 4

davegee

Hi Barry,

That is weird.

I click on that little arrow and nothing happens - there is nothing there. No pop-up - just nothing happens.

If I navigate to the iPad's Films> Genres page it shows the same videos as in my JPEGs above. Tick or untick and Apply - it works.

There must be a setting somewhere?

Anyway, that's two possibilities now.

DG

I think I need to update iTunes but this is how it looks on my older version:

post-2488-0-68193500-1367649999_thumb.jp

post-2488-0-26446100-1367650003_thumb.jp

post-2488-0-41958600-1367650007_thumb.jp

DG

P.S. After updating iTunes the procedure is no different to that above.

Success! Thanks to all of you.

DG, your three thumbnails did the trick. I hope I can remember how next time.

Thanks again.

Howard

Howard,

Besides using iTunes this is another way to transfer photos and videos files to an iPad. Using an SD card from your camera, copy the photos/videos to the card using a PC. The files MUST be placed in the DCIM folder of the SD card.

Then using an iPad camera connection kit insert the SD card into the connection kit, then into the iPad and simply import the files just as you would any other picture on an iPad.

Only caveat is that the files you transfer from your SD card must conform to a standard camera naming scheme. Example: I use a Canon so my file names are something like 0A7D0001.jpg. So you would need to rename any video files you create (Example: mypteshow.mp4 to 0A7D0001.mp4). Works great !! No iTunes !

I used this method to transfer copies of Downton Abbey to my iPad Mini for long flights.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Great - another way.

But why do people seem to have this aversion to iTunes?

I find it great for the purpose we are talking about here. If the file is created and saved on the PC why transfer it off the PC to a Card when you can transfer it just as easily to the iPad using a similar cord?

I also like the fact that iTunes gives me 10 billion radio stations to listen to while working (not all at the same time).

There is more than one way to do everything :D/>.

DG

P.S. Some people don't have SD cards - some people are still using Velvia.B)/>

Howard,

Besides using iTunes this is another way to transfer photos and videos files to an iPad. Using an SD card from your camera, copy the photos/videos to the card using a PC. The files MUST be placed in the DCIM folder of the SD card.

Regards,

Bill

What a hassle eh?

After much fussing around transferring images and videos, I found this App that works well...

http://phototransferapp.com/

It uses your wireless network to move images back and forth, and works fine with both PC and Mac..

Dick

What a hassle eh?

Dick

Dick,

My way is just one of many other way of getting the job done when you don't have or want to use iTunes. Very fast transfers. No wireless, or browser or iTunes needed. Probably many additional ways to do the same thing that we haven't discovered yet. :)/>

Bill

Hi Bill,

Great - another way.

But why do people seem to have this aversion to iTunes?

DG

P.S. Some people don't have SD cards - some people are still using Velvia.B)/>/>/>

Dave,

I use iTunes when I have too. Have never really like it though. Anyway...when traveling I sometimes use the SD card to hold copies of photos/videos previously stored on it that I want to view/watch but don't want to keep them on the iPad afterwards because it usually gets filled up with new photos as I go along. I can reload the stuff from the SD card back on again at anytime if I choose to.

It's really a travel thing for me. Extra storage! I'm I making any sense here??!! :wacko:/>

BIll

Just an FYI for the group. Bought one of these the other day. What a cool device for your iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android, etc. !!

http://www.hypershop.../iusb-black.htm

Works great. I've streamed three different movies to three different iPads at the same time. Or viewed pictures while someone else is watch a video. Sorry for the plug. Thought it somewhat appropriate since we're talking about PTE transfers and storage solutions.

Bill

DG,

The resolution was1920 by 1080.

Playing on the iPad gave a more brilliant looking show than on my Sony Vaio.

I think I will stick to iTunes for the transfers.

Thanks again to all.

Howard

Your way is the fastest Bill, no doubt. But my aversion to iTunes relates to the security of the transfer.

Apple insists that each Apple device be sync'd to a given computer/iTunes installation, and every time I want to move images and videos to and from my ipad/ipod, I am faced with the question of synchronizing. I believe the intent is to prevent sharing or distributing copyrighted material. Also, moving images and videos from someone else's apple device faces the same problem. We have a number of Apple devices here in our home, and a variety of computers, laptops etc. And now that most of the devices have cameras in them! :)/> Trying to remember which computer the ipod or ipad is registered and which iTunes is a hassle.

I like the SD card /Connection kit solution too, and have used it often. I think it is the way to go when you transfering a block of images.

ps: I thoroughly enjoyed your Capturing Bermuda. What beautiful images, and another clever way to show portrait images - they look like they are growing out of the page!

Dick,

My way is just one of many other way of getting the job done when you don't have or want to use iTunes. Very fast transfers. No wireless, or browser or iTunes needed. Probably many additional ways to do the same thing that we haven't discovered yet. :)/>/>/>

Bill

After transferring the mp4 to my iPad I noticed it obviously doesn't loop like the exe file. Is there any way to make the mp4 loop like the exe?

Thanks,

Howard

ps: I thoroughly enjoyed your Capturing Bermuda. What beautiful images, and another clever way to show portrait images - they look like they are growing out of the page!

Dick. Glad you enjoyed the show and I appreciate your kind comments. I thought the portraits looked kind of cool myself :)/>, but DG has shared a different way for me to show them the next time. Stay tuned !

Bill