WnSoft Forums

Transition selection

Ray Groome

I am baffled by the new Project Options/ Transitions screen. If you tick the box next to 'Push' for example you get all the Push motions in turn, but if you try to select just one of the motions, it does not respond and it results in a sudden transition!

I was hoping the new Guidance document would clarify-but it doesn't

Please can you advise?

Ray Groome

Hi Ray,

It appears to be working correctly for me - can you give us your operating system and version? Perhaps there is a bug somewhere. When from the customize slide screen I click, for example, on the up arrow and then on O.K., that "up" push is applied to the slide. If I click on the right arrow, and do likewise, the right "push" is applied.

Something must not be working the same for us if it doesn't work like that for you...

Best regards,

Lin

Ray,

In Project Options > Transitions, when you click on an arrow for, in your example, the Push transition, you are turning that particular direction "OFF" (watch how the background of the arrow changes colour). Things work this way so the user can, if they wish, have random transitions from just a subset of all the transitions.

In Customize Slide > Transitions, clicking on one of the arrows, selects that particular direction of motion. (Again, watch the background colour of the arrow)

To summarize: in Project Options you turn OFF the directions you do not want, in Customize Slide you turn ON the direction that you do want.

regards,

Peter

I think you are correct Ray, it will cause quite a bit of confusion, particularly as there is no explanation in the Guide.

I was intending to post the same question, but you beat me to it.

I don't understand the reasoning. Normally and that means in all the other options in PTE, and in most other programs if you want to select an option you click the checkbox, except of course when a company wishes to send you offers and bumf which you don't want and then you have to click to confirm that you don't want it.

I assume that if you do nothing in the Project Options>transitions, that all the transitions are available and used on a random basis, unless you select a specific transition in the Customize Slide>transition, which is what I always do anyway.

Arthur

I don't understand the reasoning... I assume that if you do nothing in the Project Options>transitions, that all the transitions are available and used on a random basis...

Arthur,

You do understand the reasoning! As you have deduced, the feature allows the user to have a random selection of transitions - not just from the entire pool of transition types, but from just a subset of the transition types if so desired.

Peter

Another case (an inconsistency) that may be a bit confusing regarding transitions: In the project options we have only one choice for basic transitions (Dissolve), while for particular slides there are two of them (Dissolve and Quick).

Xaver,

I lobbied long and hard with Igor to put in a "Quick" option into Project Options - and failed! He argued that it was there if you de-selected every option. That is, of course, true but it's not intuitively obvious for a new user.

Peter