WnSoft Forums

PTE Presentation

gogs

:( I have been putting together PTE presentations on my PC without problem. However when I run them on my laptop (newer and higher spec than PC) the transitions (i.e. cross fades) seem to work fine in the early part of the presentation but occaionally the transition jumps to the previous picture rather than the next. This can either just happen on a single occasion or can repeat itself jumping back and forward between the same two pictures. Music and commentary continue as normal but presentation is then out of synch. Has anyone else encontered this problem and if so can you offer any help to a solution.

Laptop spec. Advent 7027, Processor P4 3Ghz, Memory 1Gb, Display Mobility Raedon 9000.

Gogs

Almost certainly this is being caused because you have a new transition starting before the previous one ends or (more likely) the transition is very close to the previous one.

Go into the timeline and you can fix your problem there. I have experienced the same thing where my main PC handles the close transition fine, but another PC or my Laptop doesn't.

Bbdigital

Gogs,

You hav'nt said if you are running the show from the laptop cd rom. This can cause the locking up you are experiencing. Alas no matter how good the computer is if you play from the cd rom the computer needs to load from the cd and then display. It's better to copy the show to HD and run from there. you can always delete later,

Regards,

Alan

Thanks bbdigital. Transitions in the area causing the problem are butted right up against each other but do not overlap. I will try adding a period between the transitions to see if this helps.

Alan. I thought that might have been the problem initially but I have copied the presentation to the hard drive and get the same problem. I will try bbdigitals suggestion and see if that helps. Tahnks all the same.

:D Have tried bbdigitals suggestion and have allowed at least 1 full second between transitions. Seems to be running OK but as it was an intermittent problem might have to run the presentation a few more times to be sure that the problem is solved.

Many thanks.

ON most of my shows I have managed to get the gaps between pictures down to to .2 seconds (where necessary) and provided it is syncronised they do run OK on machines from Pentium II, 200M upwards.

Mike

Mersea Island

We have two threads going here on virtually the same topic. This one started by gogs and the other by Sandee. I have already added to the other one.

Ron [uK]