WnSoft Forums

Selecting multiple slides in time line 7.5

steven62

Hi Folks,

I don't want to be a bother with dumb questions but this is somewhat frustrating to me.

In version 7.0 I could press and hold my left mouse button to select several slides then move them out of the way (cut transition point) I learned this through one of the tutorials I purchased and found it to be very convenient.

In PTE 7.5 I am unable to do this as there is no window when I try to make a selection with the mouse.

I know I can use click and control or shift to do the same thing but it is not as fast or convenient.

Is there a setting that I missed? Or was this feature left out? I went through the preferences menu as well as the project options menu and could not find anything

Steven

Steven,

Do you mean in Slide View being able to click and drag over slides to select a group? I am able to use that facility as before. Are you sure you are not trying to do this in the new Timeline View which also shows the slides and could be causing the confusion?

John

I am sure Steven will clear things up, but I think he maybe talking about adding images on the fly. If I am right he is working in the time line and you could click and drag to highlight the images you wanted and then cut the transitions. In 7.5 you now cannot do that as as already suggested you have to use the shift key and click technique.

Am I right Steven, that your clearing the images from the timeline so you can add them on the fly?

I am sure Steven will clear things up, but I think he maybe talking about adding images on the fly. If I am right he is working in the time line and you could click and drag to highlight the images you wanted and then cut the transitions. In 7.5 you now cannot do that as as already suggested you have to use the shift key and click technique.

Am I right Steven, that your clearing the images from the timeline so you can add them on the fly?

HI,

Yes, you are 100% correct. In fact, if I am not mistaken I learned this from your tutorials and once I got used to it really liked it.

Using shift+click does not give me a selection window either so it appears that I will have to shift+click the range of slides to move.

Too bad this method was removed.

Steven

While in the time line, you can select a slide and drag it to the right and all those after it go to. Not quite the same but I am using that method myself quite a bit.

That works Barry. Thank You,

Steven