WnSoft Forums

Suggestion

Igor

I would like to ask you to re-think your decision to hide the icon away that will easily start a slide show from any highlighted image. I have been making a couple of slide shows recently so I have been putting 7.5 to a good test. As usual I find myself wishing to do a full screen preview from a cetain image dozens, if not a hundred times during the production. Am I unique in doing this? I doubt it, but the button to allow that does not even show untill you access the options to display it. Yes, I appreciate Ctrl+R does the same thing, but I make this point for others, not me or the faithful. Although, having said that, when you work with a graphics tablet rather than a mouse. A button to tap is sometimes more convenient than Ctrl+R

In my view, that button to start a slide show from a select image should be big and bold and up front where even the most innexperineced user will see it. Our main working area is along the bottom third of the screen and that is where it should be along with the main preview button. IMHO of course :rolleyes:/>/>

PS. there still seesm to be a visual issue with the mouse pointer in the Objects and animation screen. There has been little mention of this so I am unsure if it is work in progress or it's been missed. I have recreated it on 3 separrate PC's and reported it in another thread.

Hi Barry,

I'm confused - is this different on different operating systems? I'm using Win XP. Next to the "preview" button on the right - I see the icon to start show from selected image. Is this not the one you are referring to? Under Settings, Preferences, Toolbars, Bottom Left Toolbar, Preview From Current Position, check mark.

Are you saying that this should not be "optional" but just be there as the default?

Best regards,

Lin

Lin.

Unless I am the only one who ever wants to see their slide show full screen from a selected image, then yes it should show as a default and in a convenient position. I am suggesting it is such a basic tool for slide show production it should be big, bold and convenient by default.

We have an odd situation where the Navigation bar that is used by few is shown as a default, yet starting the slide show from a selected image, which is pretty basic slide show operation isn't.

Hi Barry,

I agree that it probably "should" be defaulted to appear rather than having to check the box. New users probably would not find all the parameters. Actually, I would turn about "everything" on which is optional and let the user "opt out" if they didn't want it or wanted to customize the appearance.

I never use the default navigation bar myself except during creation of a show where I do find it very useful. Once I am ready to actually "publish," I turn it off. I do find it is very useful for some of my animations which are done on a single slide which might run for upwards of five minutes. I can simply move the slider to get to times where I want things to happen and fine tune visually with it. If it were not available by default, I probably would turn it on for many of my projects. It's definitely "less useful" if one is doing conventional slides where each slide might only appear for a few seconds. For truly manual shows, I always use the old navigation styles where I can choose the features needed.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin.

Unless I am the only one who ever wants to see their slide show full screen from a selected image, then yes it should show as a default and in a convenient position. I am suggesting it is such a basic tool for slide show production it should be big, bold and convenient by default.

We have an odd situation where the Navigation bar that is used by few is shown as a default, yet starting the slide show from a selected image, which is pretty basic slide show operation isn't.