WnSoft Forums

Bug when using masks [SOLVED]

davedare

Hi,

This is my first posting in this forum so I should start by saying that I like using PicturesToExe, and the new interface of version 7.5 seems to be a lot more intuitive than previous version, but ...

I have been using PicturesToExe since version 6.5 and have successfully added masks in the past, but since I upgraded to version 7.5.0 (and v7.5.1) masks no longer work.

Adding a mask either as a template or from an image file simply turns the editing area grey although the bounding box is visible and adjustable. All objects are listed, but no longer visible apart from their bounding boxes whether they are within the mask container or not.

I am running Windows Vista home premium with service pack 2 on my laptop.

A second minor problem I have also noticed is that the thumbnail images in the slide view are not always visible if I change projects within a session. Closing and opening P2E cures this problem. These two problems may or may not be related as no-one else seems to have mentioned them so I thought I would mention them both here.

Dave

Welcome,

Right click in OBJECTS PANEL to ADD a MASK.

You can create a mask in PTE - circular or rectangular. Or you can add a mask made in PhotoShop.

White shows what's under the mask.

Add an image between the Mask Container and the Mask.

Are you trying to use an image as a mask??

DG

Davem (dgd),

What about creating a new project with one silde and low resolution images including the effect that you see. Make a backup in Zip and post it here. So we can see what is wrong.

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Xaver,

Attached is a zip file or my project folder as you suggested. If you look at the exe file you will see that the mask has done what it is supposed to, but in the edit screen everything turns a blank grey as soon as I add the mask container. So as far as I can see the project file is working properly, the fault would seem to be in the editor.

For additional information I have just installed version 7.0 and 7.5.1 on another machine running Windows XP, and I can confirm that V7.0 works OK, but 7.5.1 does not.

Dave

Masks.zip

Welcome,

Right click in OBJECTS PANEL to ADD a MASK.

You can create a mask in PTE - circular or rectangular. Or you can add a mask made in PhotoShop.

White shows what's under the mask.

Add an image between the Mask Container and the Mask.

Are you trying to use an image as a mask??

DG

Thanks for your help, but it is the addition of the mask container that causes the problem, and not the mask itself as it makes no difference whether I add the mask from PTE or Photoshop. As soon as I add the container the editor screen turns grey.

Dave

Hi Dave(dgd),

I've downloaded your project, but I see no problem on my PC.

Please tell more details about your system configuration.

CPU, graphic card, screen resolution, amount of RAM, amount of video memory, etc.

It is possible the problem is caused by outdated video card drivers. Make sure you have latest drivers installed.

Also, try changing screen resolution. Does the problem appear in any screen resolution, or only in particular one?

Artem

This also is my first post to the forum. I am also experiencing exactly the same problems as described using version 7.5. In my case, the project file was previously put together in an earlier version of PTE and worked perfectly but when run in version 7.5 it fails to show all of the slides on the timeline after the first one that contains a mask, only blank boxes with all of the timing information. Also, the object and animation box is "grey" on any of the "empty" boxes.

I am using Windows XP.

Hi Dave(dgd),

I've downloaded your project, but I see no problem on my PC.

Please tell more details about your system configuration.

CPU, graphic card, screen resolution, amount of RAM, amount of video memory, etc.

It is possible the problem is caused by outdated video card drivers. Make sure you have latest drivers installed.

Also, try changing screen resolution. Does the problem appear in any screen resolution, or only in particular one?

Artem

Hi Artem,

The machine is an Advent QRC430 of about 5 years old. The CPU is an Intel Celeron M 430 at 1.73GHz with 2GB ram and the display adaptor is a Mobile Intel 945 chipset family.

I have tried it on a second, older, machine running XP with the same effect.

Changing screen sizes does not cure the problem. My standard sizes are 1280 x 800 for the laptop, and 1280 x 1024 for my monitor which I use as an extended screen.

I will have look for updated drivers.

Dave

This also is my first post to the forum. I am also experiencing exactly the same problems as described using version 7.5. In my case, the project file was previously put together in an earlier version of PTE and worked perfectly but when run in version 7.5 it fails to show all of the slides on the timeline after the first one that contains a mask, only blank boxes with all of the timing information. Also, the object and animation box is "grey" on any of the "empty" boxes.

I am using Windows XP.

Yes, they are the same symptoms that I am getting. I also had a project created in an older version but in V7.5 slides are visible right up until the first one with a mask.

One possibility that has been suggested is to check for an updated video driver. I am going to have a look this afternoon and see if I can find one.

Dave

The CPU is an Intel Celeron M 430 at 1.73GHz with 2GB ram and the display adaptor is a Mobile Intel 945 chipset family.

Maybe that V7.5 uses features of DirectX9c that your graphics system does not support. In my opinion, with this hardware you will not be very happy with PTE or similar AV software.

Regards,

Xaver

Maybe that V7.5 uses features of DirectX9c that your graphics system does not support. In my opinion, with this hardware you will not be very happy with PTE or similar AV software.

Regards,

Xaver

It looks like I may have to go back to V7.0 if I need anything that V7.5 cannot handle until I can afford a new machine. It is not the end of the world (offically I think that occurs on 21 December according to the Mayan's).

Dave.

I recently reported a problem when using Masks in version 7.5 of PTE (Iam using windows XP with an Intel Graphics Driver). This has now been rectified by downloading PTE 7.5.2 beta, however, when I try to create a HD video (MP4) file of the same project there is still a problem with the output in the slide containing the mask (ie it appears to "stall" half way through the slide when the mask comes into play). The main image should be displayed for the duration of the slide and during this period, text is gradually revealed. In the MP4 file, the main image is displayed but the text reveal "stalls" half way through. Does this mean that the problem still exists with the video builder?

Dave,

1. What size you choosed for a video output? Width/height.

2. Will this problem occur with smaller size?

3. Please say me exact name of your Intel video card.

4. What is your screen resolution?

Igor,

To answer your questions:

1. 1920*1080 HQ

2. Does not occur when a 1280*960 HQ is run

3. Intel 82945G Express Chip Set

4. 1280*1024

My PC is running Windows XP Home edition SP3 via an Intel Pentium E2140 1.6GHZ with 2 GB Ram

Hope this will be of help.

DavidM

Igor,

To answer your questions:

1. 1920*1080 HQ

2. Does not occur when a 1280*960 HQ is run

3. Intel 82945G Express Chip Set

4. 1280*1024

My PC is running Windows XP Home edition SP3 via an Intel Pentium E2140 1.6GHZ with 2 GB Ram

Hope this will be of help.

DavidM

If it is of any help my machine is of a similar spec., so I tried a quick project with three slides and a mask. A 1920 x 1080 HQ MP4 file runs OK on my 1280 x 1024 monitor, although it is a bit jerky in places.

Dave

Dave,

We need to modify a graphical engine for new features and optimizations. In v7. 5 masks work even faster than in previous versions.

Regrettably this old Intel video can't handle mask objects in large resolution for PicturesToExe. Quality and functions of Intel video cards are lower than NVIDIA/AMD.

I'm afraid I can't do anything more here.

Dave,

We need to modify a graphical engine for new features and optimizations. In v7. 5 masks work even faster than in previous versions.

Regrettably this old Intel video can't handle mask objects in large resolution for PicturesToExe. Quality and functions of Intel video cards are lower than NVIDIA/AMD.

I'm afraid I can't do anything more here.

Igor,

Many thanks for investigating this problem, I am going to look into replacing my graphics card and it would be helpful if you could indicate the minimum specifications required for adequately running version 7.5.2.

DavidM