WnSoft Forums

Video clips as sound tracks

LumenLux

My current PTE project is composed mostly of video clips, all have been converted by PTE. I need to fade in and fade out on some of the video clips. To accomplish this, I have set several of the clips to be soundtracks so I can use the envelope as well as the customize clip to adjust the volume as needed. So in project options, and customize slide, and in the sound envelope window, I can see and hear the fade in and out works properly. But when I preview the show, or when I look in the main timeline of the slides, only the first video sound track is shown as a wave form. When I preview the show, only the same video/sound track plays the fade-in, fade-out. The next two video clips run without the intended sound adjustments. Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem?

The attachment here is a screen capture, showing how only the first of the three video clips displays the expected wave form.

post-11673-0-12075200-1355556978_thumb.p

Do you have the correct offsets for the second, third etc clips?

No attachment.

DG

Thanks Dave for the thought. Probably while you were writing, I found a visual wave for the second clip. It was indeed hidden off-screen left, at the first of the show. I have now slid it to the right, aligned it with the video above it. BUT the intended fade-in and the adjusted envelope that show in the customize and envelope view, do not show in the timeline wave form, and more seriously, do not happen or sound when the PTE is run.

Fade in etc will not show in timeline until next version.Attach screen shot of the customise screen showing offset, fade in etc?

DG

Attached now is the view of customized soundtrack of the video. Maybe you can spot something I am missing.

(I've also now furnished the missing attachment to my first post of this subject.)

post-11673-0-89670300-1355556894_thumb.p

If I were you I would add the Audio in the Project Options>Audio Tab rather than where you are adding them now.

You will then be able to see everything in one place.

It is then essential that the Audio is OFFSET to the exact same amount as the video clip to which it belongs.

If your video clip starts at 2:31.975 - that's your offset for its Audio. Also, if you are converting and cropping clips make sure that you are adding the audio from the Converted version.

Audio Comments added the way that you have done do not show - I'm afraid I don't use them so I will have to bow out now?

Try the Project Options>Audio Tab?

DG

If I were you I would add the Audio in the Project Options>Audio Tab rather than where you are adding them now.

You will then be able to see everything in one place.

It is then essential that the Audio is OFFSET to the exact same amount as the video clip to which it belongs.

If your video clip starts at 2:31.975 - that's your offset for its Audio. Also, if you are converting and cropping clips make sure that you are adding the audio from the Converted version.

Audio Comments added the way that you have done do not show - I'm afraid I don't use them so I will have to bow out now?

Try the Project Options>Audio Tab?

DG

Maybe you have set me in the right direction. Now I attach the screen with the Project Options>Audio Tab. The picture is as it already is, when you wrote the above suggestion. I will try to figure it out after a night's sleep now. Thank you for your attention. And if I'm really lucky, someone else may even finish solving by the time I'm on it again. Or maybe I'll solve it in my sleep.

post-11673-0-80943300-1355559553_thumb.p

This might help:

post-2488-0-78737600-1355563147_thumb.jp

The audio from clip one is added at time zero. The audio from Clip two is added with its offset at the beginning of the transition between Clip one and clip two.

Fade in and out is set to be the same as the Clip Transition times.

If you have a title slide before Audio Clip One then obviously all Video Clip Audio Files will be offset by a further time equal to the Title Slide Duration.

The timings to 1/1000 of a second are necessary to maintain lip sync.

Use the Audio Files from the individual Clips.

DG