WnSoft Forums

Problems adding a second audio to the Timeline (SOLVED)

RobertAlbright

If a second audio track is added it does not show on the timeline view, even if the toggle fullscreen triangle is activated. This problem also applies to video clip - the sound on the video is not shown below the first activated music track. It is necessary to save the video sound to a system external to PTE and mix the music before importing the mix into PTE as a single audio track.

If a second audio track is added it does not show on the timeline view, even if the toggle fullscreen triangle is activated.

Robert,

It should always show in Fullscreen mode and will even show in normal mode if you have dragged the boundary of the soundtrack area up to make more tracks visible. If you haven't done that, there should be a vertical scroll bar at the right of the audio tracks that will allow you to see the "hidden" ones.

regards,

Peter

Peter

I have added a second music track in Project Options/Audio/Add audio file/OK.

I have grabbed the line which runs immediately above the Timeline with a double arrow symbol and lifted up the line to reveal a larger part of the audio section at the bottom.

The second track does not show, nor does the audio track on the video section which is included among the still images.

There is no slider within the vertical scroll bar at the right of the audio tracks.

I'm using PTE 7.5.3 on Vista.

Very interesting Dave, that's the effect I would like - but I've explained that I have a problem seeing it.

What I have discovered is that by clicking in the bar in which Project Options/Customize Slide/Objects and Animation lie and then scrolling with the mouse I can see the second track. It has been tagged onto the end of the first track on the timeline.

How do you get your screenshots? I would like to send you what I'm getting.

Robert,

You have to insert the Video Audio in the Project Options Audio.

Create a new track then click on Add Audio File - in the browse box change the file type to Video.

Choose the Video you are using and its audio will be inserted.

In O&A > Properties Mute the Audio of the Video.

You then have two separate parts of the video - the video itself and its sound.

You have to synchronise them yourself.

DG

Peter

I have added a second music track in Project Options/Audio/Add audio file/OK.

I have grabbed the line which runs immediately above the Timeline with a double arrow symbol and lifted up the line to reveal a larger part of the audio section at the bottom.

The second track does not show...

Robert,

It sounds as though you have not added a second track but have added a second audio file to the first track. If you want your sounds to run in parallel (as a mix) you must, doing things the way you did, first "Add Track" and then "Add audio file" to that new track. I cannot offer any advice on sound from video clips as, at present, I shoot silent movies and dub the sound afterwards.

regards,

Peter

Robert,

If you work in the Slide list view (not timeline view) and drop a new audio file to the Slide list, PicturesToExe will add it to the end of first audio track.

To add audio file as a second track you need to go to the Project options window | Audio tab and click "Add track" button, then add a audio file to a selected track.

Or switch to the Timeline view in the main window, drag a new audio clip from the File list or from Windows Explorer and drop it below the first track. See the red vertical cursor which points where a new audio clip will be inserted. PicturesToExe will create a new track and add your audio clip there.

Thank you Dave, Peter and Igor

You have solved my problems with audio and audio from video tracks !

Dave, I didn't realise in particular that in the Project Options/Audio you have to Add Track/Add Audio File and then change the file type to Video File in the bottom right corner.

Igor, may I say this is quite a difficult thing to find ? Would it not be an improvement to add a box 'Add Audio File from Video' next to Add Audio File/Add Track/Record Voice Comment ?