WnSoft Forums

Free Screen recording software

stonemason

Boilsoft Screen Recorder is available free for today only from

http://www.bitsdujou...rce=Emailvision

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

people are leaving messages, they seem (like myself) to be having problems with unlocking, apparantly the codes are not working for some, shame really as it appears quite good.

I do sometimes try these things, ie, download, then try, if I think I cant use it I just uninstall, tried with this but my code would not work

regards

ralph

Hi Geoff,

people are leaving messages, they seem (like myself) to be having problems with unlocking, apparantly the codes are not working for some, shame really as it appears quite good.

I do sometimes try these things, ie, download, then try, if I think I cant use it I just uninstall, tried with this but my code would not work

regards

ralph

===================================

Yea...I had the same problem. I sent an email to their support people and I'll let you know if I get a response. In the meantime, you can try another free screen recorder that I think is pretty good and is free, the BBFlashBack Express. You can export the screen recording to AVI and Flash. And, if I remember right, you can have two audio inputs at the same time (audio from your screen and audio from a microphone).

http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBackExpress.aspx

Gary

This is the code I recieved (guess it's ok to post it as it's free) and it registered fine.

Registration Name:

bitsdujour

Registration Code:

A4065D71-01721AAD-93FFE2A9-9761B175-A46A105A-BB4F9E63-B6A2

Geoff

This is the code I recieved (guess it's ok to post it as it's free) and it registered fine.

Registration Name:

bitsdujour

Registration Code:

A4065D71-01721AAD-93FFE2A9-9761B175-A46A105A-BB4F9E63-B6A2

Geoff

=============================

Yes, I see what happened. I have the same Registration Code. But I noticed that the 'Registration Name' to be used is 'bitsdujour'. In the email with the Code, they show 'Registered Name' that is different, which I used (it was my name and my email address).

I used the 'bitsdujour' and it worked. Thanks for clearing that up.

Gary

Boilsoft Screen Recorder is available free for today only from

http://www.bitsdujou...rce=Emailvision

Geoff

======================

Geoff,

I now see the fly in the oitment. The Boilsoft program will record at a maximum frame rate of 15 fps, while the BBFlashBack Express program will let you choose a frame rate of 24 or higher. I just did a test of doing a screen capture of a YouTube movie trailer and there was a remarkable difference between the two programs. The BBFlashBack Express really showed a much better result.

Gary

Hi Geoff,

You might like to use or try-out "Mobile Media Converter" which can (rip) record directly from a DVD or from part of a DVD

where after you can use a Video-Editor to clean-up your recording before importing it into PTE.

Screenshot and Link below.

http://www.snapfiles...econverter.html

Brian (Conflow)

post-1416-0-40373100-1358987435_thumb.gi

Guest Yachtsman1

If it's ripping from a DVD, an alternative is Prism which is another freeby, which I use as an alternative to Video Pad if I can't get it to accept the media I want to rip.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-34677200-1359012465_thumb.jp

Eric, Brian

Thanks for the suggestions, but it was screen capture software I was looking at, for making instructional videos. I am not that interested in video as a medium, and although I have enjoyed some PTE sequences which have included some video, I remain unconvinced that it would bring any benifit to my own slideshows.

Geoff

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric, Brian

Thanks for the suggestions, but it was screen capture software I was looking at, for making instructional videos. I am not that interested in video as a medium, and although I have enjoyed some PTE sequences which have included some video, I remain unconvinced that it would bring any benifit to my own slideshows.

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Did you try the free for 30 days Camtasia Studio 8?, you can do a heck of a lot in 30 days & if you are going to make it a regular feature producing tutorials, worth buying. If you search on Youtube there are posts on there that claim to be able to get it for free, but you need to make your own mind up about that of course.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Geoff and all,

I appreciate you dont use Video for your Shows and Tutorials, but consider the following facts which we use in our Techical-Reporting work:-

1)

Firstly we use (fully-authorised) Universal DVD in 1280x720 format with AC3 Sound which plays on all DVD-Players and most TV+DVD Sets

and can be presented on Conferencs-TV's and Digital-Projectors..

2)

We easily make multiple ISO-CD/DVD-Copies of the original and for short Videos less than 6/8.minutes any good 800.mB-CD will suffice.

3)

With the "Video-Tutorial" on your TV you can: Pause~Stop~Rewind-F.Forward ~ WHILST ~ runnning the PTE-Program (live) on your PC.

4)

This means you are "Hands-On" with the PTE-Program whilst following "Instructions" from your TV-Set being controlled by its Remote-Control.

5)

This technique is "Learning by Example" compared to switching backwards and forwards from the Tutorial to PTE on a single PC or Laptop.

For us:-

Presenting (paperless) "Video-Technical-Reports" far excell's any other method of presentation because its controllable and easily copied and

retains audience attention without the distraction of 'paper-shuffling' trying to find page 9 in 20 pages.

Might be worth a try converting PTE-Tutorials to DVD format....

Brian (Conflow)

Brian,

The above is also true when using a 1920x1080 MPEG4 file on a USB Key plugged into a suitably equipped TV.

Full control is possible and leaves the PC free to work on while viewing/pausing the tutorial.

It's a viable alternative to the CD/DVD.

DG

Dave,

I completely agree with you ~ however ~ in our case we are obliged to leave the CD-Report with our Client and

the Master-CD stays with us for reference purposes. In relation to Televisions we use the 1280x720 format

because its the "Universal-TV.16:9 Format" (Standard Wide-Screen Sets) and not all DVD-Players & TV's will

accept USB-input nor will they accept HD-(Home-Cinema) Wide-Screen-Format of 1920x1080.

I think that the 1920x1080 for Tutorials might not be as 'Universal' as one would like ~ this is a matter of choice.

But speaking for Conflow we prefer the 1280x720 because its the normal PAL-TV-Standard not to be confused with

the new HD-TV (Home Cinema) Standards of 1920x1080 which is still in a state of Universal-standards acceptability

for Television-Production Companies as to whether they are going to adopt the Interim-standard of 1080 or HD 1920.

Who can tell whats going to happen here !!

Brian.

Brian,

Can't argue, but if you walk into any High St Tv etc Store 99% of the TVs on display are 1920x1080 and have a USB input and Media Player.

Given the the life span of a TV these days COULD be as long as ten years I think that we are safe for a couple of years yet. I can see the difference between 1280x720 upscaled and native 1920x1080 (on my TV) and I don't compromise.

There is also the possibilty that a large percentage of TV owners are not even aware of what their TVs will do for them - so I keep doing my bit to "inform, educate and entertain".

For commercial purposes I think the CD / DVD approach still has a lot of "legs" and that the MPEG 4 should always be supplied on DVD for safe keeping.

But the alternatives are there and should not be ignored.

DG

• 5 months later...

I have been searching for free screen recording software, there are many options out there but i did not get good recording quality from the free products. A friend suggested My screen Recorder, it gives me exactly what I need- recoding the PC screen to WMV or AVI files, capturing audio from the speakers as well as microphone. Its not free but certainly affordable.